I don't see how you guys get so many errors with WinPwn!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Wiiownzzz, Jul 24, 2008.

?

Did this tutorial help you?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  1. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I tried pwning my iPod with WinPwn the 1ST try and I got it working perfectly! I think you guys are reading it wrong and don't know how to follow instructions because it's not that hard! And if you think your computer is not good enough then your wrong because the laptop I used was found in a dumpster! It only has 400mb of ram and it's a piece of $h*t. This is what I did:

Make sure hidden folders and files are visible!!! (My Documents then click Tools > Folder Options... > View > Show hidden files and folders.) IDK about Vista.
    Make sure you're running on an administrator account!!!
    Make sure your iTunes is version 7.7!!!!

1. Close all applications on your computer. (even iTunes)

2. Open up WinPwn 2.0.0.2 with your iPod connected. Get it here >http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/132205173/winpwn_2.0.0.2_Setup.zip.html

3. Click on "Browse .ipsw" and find your .ipsw from iTunes usually located at here for Windows XP C://Documents and Settings > TEMP > Application Data > Apple Computer > iTunes > iPod Software Updates and click on your .ipsw. For Windows Vista: C:\Users\'user'\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates. If nothings there then open up iTunes and put your iPod in the USB port or dock then click restore, once you've gone through all that your software should start downloading. Once it starts downloading then unplug your iPod. Once it's finished downloading close iTunes then click "Browse .ipsw" and locate your .ipsw.

4. Then click on "IPSW Builder". In here click on Install Cydia checkbox then if you want add custom logos or payloads. Once your done customizing click on "Build .ipsw". This takes a while and try not to do anything on your computer at this time just let it be. Hopefully if it was successful then it should have a dialog box saying something like .ipsw created (I forgot exactly what it said). If it wasn't successful than make sure all previous versions of Winpwn were completely uninstalled and reinstall 2.0.0.2. Then TRY again please just try again it works!

5. Then click on "iPwner" and go wait for it say "your iTunes has been pwned". Now open up iTunes and put you iPod into DFU mode and hold shift then click restore. Locate the custom firmware in C://Documents and Settings > TEMP > Application Data > cmw > winpwn > 2.0.0.2. It should be there. Hopefully no errors will occur!

If none of this is working for you Press "CTRL + ALT + DEL" then abort all apple, ipod, and itunes applications then retry my tutorial.
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    nice tut :{)
  3. alastor

alastor Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    and where is the location of frimware on windows vista?
  4. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thanks, I just hope they will do it correctly and stop filling up the forum with useless complaints about how it's not working for them.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

lol ok well I did everything but when It came to iPwning iTunes WinPwn just crashes....
  6. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    PLEASE ALWAYS RUN THESE PROGRAMS AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sry if i came across angry)
  7. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I'll try to find that out or if somebody knows this can be nice enough to supply this nice piece of information that would be kind.

Open up Winpwn and browse for the .ipsw again so iPwner becomes active again then try again. Make sure your iTunes version is 7.7.
  8. Spreche

Spreche Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thank you so much this worked. The main problem of where the Error 6 was coming from for me was the firmware. You needed to have the 2.0 firmware that you download from iTunes. If you made the Custom Firmware from the 2.0 firmware you got from the day before it was supposed to be released, WinPwn recognized it as the iPhone 3G firmware.
  9. JonTheAzn

JonTheAzn Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's right here C:\Users\'user'\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
  10. Wiiownzzz

Wiiownzzz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Thnx I hope you don't mind me using this in my guide.

Please Register or Log in to view images