I don't see a point in charging money for Line Rider.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Ryuukumori, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I was here when we hyped over the game Flying Rider, put on the app store and then instantly taken down because of copyright issues with the original makers. Makes complete sense. But here's my question.

Why are they charging for Line Rider? Yeah, it's cheap. But look! You can google it and play it free on your computer. Why charge for the same thing in an app on an iPod Touch?

Seems silly, and a way for the developers to make some easy money. I believe it's unethical for that to be, when it's available free online. Is it the work put in it to why they charge money?

But if this cannot be helped, no other way but to buy it... :\
  2. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Obviously the game is selling well, so it's kind of a dumb question. Why don't you ask the developer since no one here can read his mind.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

why charge for icopter (free on computer)
    why charge for mlb at bat (free on computer)
    why charge for anything because people do illegal things (free)

you are asking a stupid question
    its an app for a reason, so people can play on the iphone/touch

i think line rider is a great game
    if you don't want to buy it, don't buy it
    and play it on your computer
    no one cares
  4. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

well ya but linerider is alot better than flying rider, i had both and i gotta admit, its worth 3 bucks
  5. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I really hope the Original Post was a Joke. I seriously hope that it was some kind of Joke.
  6. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

plus developers work so hard to make these apps, i dont blame them. 2.99 is a pretty good price.
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Hm yeah. And to all you, it was no joke.

Just saying my opinions. I agree the developers took some time to do this. But all of you HAVE to see my point in this. It's so obvious. Do you see the comparison I am making?
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Let me ask you. Why buy DVD's or Digital Copies of TV shows or Movies when you can watch them legally on sites like Hulu?
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

You have hard copies of them? lol

But dude, you don't see my ultimate point. It's the same factor, but it's manipulated. The developers of Line Rider obviously forced the maker of Flying Rider to remove it because it was going out for free, and the original developers wanted to charge for it. That's what gets me. Yeah, I can already see it's because of copyright. And infringement against copyright for freeware is also legit. BUT, why do the same?

I think it's a plus for the developers and their money making strategy, but it sure is odd. The cold hard facts behind its history and position now seems quite out of place here. It is a free game! Why charge?

It's the game of business, I am afraid. I don't know any more to say to argue about this.
  10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A Digital Download is not a Hard copy. Its basically like this. People like the game yes? Why not let them play it on the Go in a small form factor?

While I agree that them bullying Flying Rider out of the way was wrong, its just how things work. And you have to admit, the Feature gap between Flying Rider and LineRider is a pretty big Gap. They did pretty well.