I dont know what to do!! Need help please!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandureja, Jul 24, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay so i am freaking out here. my battery on my ipod touch is VERY VERY VERY poor lately. A couple days ago, it would show 15% then 80% then 20% in 5 minutes or so. so i calibrated the battery by letting it run down fully and doing a full charge. that seemed to do the trick. but tell me something. before, when the battery was at a certain percentage, and i put it in sleep mode, it would go up about 1 or 2 or 10 percent. for example, battery = 20% while gaming. sleep mode for 10 minutes = 40%. now i play a game, the battery is about 81%. i put it in sleep for an hour, and its still 81%. is this normal? please i get stressed VERY easily so i need replies fast. thanks.
  2. Blazinq

Blazinq New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    no thats n ot normal..is it your USB cord,computer,or iPod..hmm
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The battery percentage is never accurate, it's just an estimate. While gaming, the battery will show the percentage of the battery life left if you continue gaming until your iPod dies. But if you stop gaming, you battery will essentially live longer since it won't be using as much power to run the game, so the percentage goes back up.
  4. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Read my first post. It is much stranger than the normal battery fluctuation. I already know about that

Please Register or Log in to view images

do you think that charging it a couple more times would help with the meter being so off?
    I am really worried as I do not really want to take my iPod to Apple to get it replaced because it will come with 4.0 preinstalled and no jailbreak for third gen yet

Please Register or Log in to view images

please reply fast.

Thanks.
  5. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    How about you see how long it actually lasts. If it suits your needs, who cares about the percentage reading.