I don't have access to wifi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by brew182, Dec 15, 2009.

1. brew182

brew182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, I already searched and the only results i found didn't have answers, so if I missed it I apologize, anyways...

I have jailbroken my iPod Touch (2g, 3.1.2) and I am trying to get GPSPhone on there, but so far i haven't found a way to do it that doesn't involve wifi.
    I am looking for a way to put 3rd party apps onto my iPod using just a usb cable and my computer, and help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
  2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Cyder. Google. Good luck
  3. brew182

brew182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I got Cyder now, but it's saying I need Cydia already installed on my ipod, which i don't have. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it and it needs wifi to install Cydia, any other suggestions?
  4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Does you pc not have a wifi card? if so you could create an ad-hoc network
  5. brew182

brew182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I bummed some wifi off of a guy down the street, only to download the Cydia on my ipod, now I can't figure out how to use Cyder correctly, even after reading the tutorial on here, doesn't seem to be working...
  6. skratte

skratte New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    cyder itself isnt working? are you on xp or vista? if your on vista try putting it on a flah drive and running it off of there
  7. brew182

brew182 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am running XP, I used blackra1n to jailbreak it, then I used the wifi to install Cydia, now I don't have wifi. I am trying to use Cyder, but it's not working for me. I have my iPod connected through USB to my computer, I downloaded some things and they went into the Autoinstall column in Cyder, then I press the button that has the picture of the computer to the ipod, and then I reboot my iPod (hold down the power button and then turn it back on) and i go into Cydia and they aren't there. Is there some really important step that I'm missing or something?