I don't get push notifications.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ranif, Oct 3, 2010.

1. ranif

ranif New Member

Well, actually I do. But only on other wifi signals. Say I go to starbucks. All of a sudden my ipod gets my newest text on a push notification, and the newest update from facebook. Everything is on, what can i do?
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    respring (if your jailbroken), reboot, restore???
  3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same problem here, I get the number badges for gmail and facebook, but suddenly when I'm in Starbucks or something, I'll get push notifications including stuff that I've already seen but hasn't come through.
    I also have the ESPN app set to notify me of game results, I've never gotten one though and yes, notifications are turned on.

I have a 8gb 2g, not jailbroken.
  4. humanidt

humanidt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    it might be a problem with your home network. try reseting the router and/or modem
  5. Elto

Elto New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have this problem as well, at my school. I get push notifications at home, but not at school. I've done everything suggested so far, and nothing has worked. (And I can't really reset the school's WAP)
  6. bucko

bucko New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    push notifications might be going trough tcp ports that are closed on some net works. I rally dont know how push notifications work. but that would be the first step to trying to fix it, figure out how push works.