~ I Don't Get Installer. ~

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fuzzie12, May 28, 2008.

1. fuzzie12

fuzzie12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I simply don't get it. I used to get it but I don't. When I first jailbroke my iPod touch, I used download apps from whatever list there was. But that wasn't enough, so I found a repository that linked to other repositories or something and gave me tons of other applications. Now everything has been lost on my iPod and I can no longer find that link. At all. Now people say that there's already enough in what's installed in Installer. But apparently many things are missing. For example, I have BigBoss's repository apparantly installed, but I can't find iSisk at all. Like 90% of the apps/games I used to have, like iTris, Converter, and tons iPhysics levels, I can't find any of them.

WHY?
  2. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

use an app called Reponame.
    it'll help you find the right sources for your apps.
  3. Blaze_Blaster

Blaze_Blaster Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try Refreshing Your Sources. Never Use A Repository To Link To Other Repository. Delete All Sources And Only Add The Following.

Community Sources
    BigBoss's Recommended Sources
    ZodTTD.Com/Repo
    Repo.iPhoneRoms.com
    The Davteam Repo. Cant Remember But i just checked and it's down

Pretty much It.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You are probably using something similar to AlliPodHax's source list, which installs many, many sources? If so, I don't recommend using those types of repositories that just 'add' further repositories. It slows down Installer's refresh times, and sometimes adds repositories that are hazardous.
  5. fuzzie12

fuzzie12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've refreshed my sources like a million times. And what are the url's to those repositories?

I'm only using the repo's that came with Installer after I jailbroke my ipod touch a few days ago using ZiPhone. Before everything got "restored" on my iPod, I used a repo link that I found on a (maybe stickied) thread on this site that installed many other repo's apparantly. But I can't find that any more.
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, you can't find iSlsk because you're spelling it wrong. It's iS L sk, not an i.