I do not see the App Store costing 20 dollars.

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by SHININGSTEEL, Jun 2, 2008.

1. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Five dollars is probably going to be the most likely price tag. How can Apple expect people to purchase apps if they don't even want to spend the money to gain the ability to purchase apps? I think the whole "nominal fee" thing is stupid since iPod owners spent just as much money on their devices and having them to pay more is ridiculous. Anyways, let's continue to make bets on how much this is going to cost us. Discuss.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Couldn't this have been posted in one of the many AppStore/2.0 threads?
  3. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    that is exactly what i think. the appstore is useless exept for buying apps. and buying apps isnt exactly enntertaining like games or something. so the appstore is actually a base app so it cant be any more than $7-10
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Now see, your logic is flawed. Games are created for entertainment yes. But not everyone is entertained by Games or plays games. You have to remember that people use the iPhone AND iPod Touch for more than just basic media. You have to also take into effect Businesses, Social Networking, Day to Day activities.

The iPhone and iPod Touch are whole new platforms. NOT JUST FOR GAMING.

People have to really get that through their skulls. Stop thinking about games and think about the new Paradigm.
  5. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah i know the appstore isnt just about games, it was just the only type of app that came into my mind at that time. but what i meant was apps in general
  6. badbuddah

badbuddah New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This thread should be closed : pure spam.
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Actually, your point was that the AppStore was useless because it was only for buying Apps.... What else is is it supposed to do? Play Music?

Your opinion was that it was only to add more entertainment to the device that provides entertainment.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I agree that it should have been posted in one of the various threads that already talk about the AppStore, but how is it spam?
  8. the goat

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    whaat?? how is this spam??
  9. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

not really, your post was just sh*t.

I mean, when the appstore is available, i willbe happy to pay for any app that improves my ipods functioality. I think it will be great because there will be polished apps. Will apple tell us before they release 2.0? or will they spring it on us like 1.1.4?
  10. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well if the appstore is the only thing that we need to pay for in 2.0 then ill be more than happy to upgrade to it since i have no plans on getting the appstore since online apple store has no power in mexico... meaning that here i cant even get podcasts directly with itunes..... or buy music.... so why would i wat to pay for it... anyways.... i think that the app store should be very cheap since its only the app that stays in the middle between you and the other apps (which u have to pay for anyways) so it shouldnt go over 10-15 bucks.....

they didnt spring it on us .... they said there was a new update and if u wanted to upgrade to it