I do not have access to Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by homers, Dec 25, 2007.

1. homers

homers New Member

Hi
    I just got my iPod Touch today. I want to jailbreak it but I do not have a wireless internet connection. What can I do to jailbreak it without the internet?

Thanks
  2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know if there was an old method to jailbreak with the USB connector only, but I don't think so (anyone here who had an iPod/iPhone for longer and can confirm this?).

The only real part where you desperately need Wi-Fi is to do the exploit: loading the tiff image.

Before that you need to downgrade, and after that you'll need to install an application and upgrade, but all this can be done by USB. The point above though... I'm not really sure. When it's not jailbroken yet, you can access the Media folder with different programs and an USB connection (check my sig), but how to make Safari load this tiff is another matter because it can't load local images.

The easiest way I see is for you to find a Wi-Fi access, that shouldn't be so difficult. Prepare your iPod by restoring the 1.1.1 firmware (chech the guides in the sticky threads), find a place at a friend's or a place with a free access, perform the exploit by visiting jailbreakme.com. Install the OkToPrep application, and MobileFinder.

The rest doesn't require wireless, unless I forgot a part.
  3. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    No you have to have WIFI
  4. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    run over to a starbucks. I forgot where the non wifi tutorial was..
  5. jffyx

jffyx New Member

6. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

Even Mcdonalds has Wi-Fi. You can find it everywhere. In my back yard i get 4 signals. No joke.
  7. homers

homers New Member

Hi
    My brother has a laptop with a wireless internet card.

Is this possible:
    connect my ethernet cable into his laptop and then follow the steps in that tutorial so that the internet would come in via cable and then get transmitted out so my touch can recieve it?

If not then I will be going to a city soon so I will connect then

Thanks
  8. yoyoyo

yoyoyo New Member

Well if you don't have wifi there is no point jailbreaking because installer.app uses wifi.
  9. homers

homers New Member

hi
    i did that that tutorial and it wprked. The laptop is now a wideless acess point a d i am typing this on the touch which is.now jailbrou all.thank you all and sorry for the spelling as i amsrill getting used to this key oars