I did it! The Wal-Mart hack!

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by vlwisconsin, Jan 11, 2008.

1. vlwisconsin

vlwisconsin New Member

Alright, so my name is Wisconsin, and I have been searching this forum for a long time now, and got interested in the VoIP program. I tried out the Walmart iVoice hack, The soldering of the wire trick, and it worked flawlessly. If you are scared of trying this mod, don't be. I have NEVER soldering anything in my life, and it worked out fine. I completed this mod in about 6 minutes. Even if you f*** up, you could easily glue it back together, and take it back, and try again. (Wal-Mart employees don't inspect every detail about the products that are returned).
    I can now make calls on my ipod touch, and it works like magic. I recommend this mod for anyone.
    If I can do it, pretty much anyone can.
    I would tack pics of the inside, but I already superglued it back together, and it looks just like a regular iVoice.

One tip...When opening the case at first, use a fine tipped razorblade, and start at the top of the iVoice, and wiggle the blade back and forth until you reach the bottom, repeat on both sides. (Left and Right of the iVoice).

Thanks for reading. Hope it gives confidence to those who are iffy about the mod.

-Wisconsin Andrew
  2. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Easy as that. Nuff said.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. shepdogg

shepdogg Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah see the thing is i dont have a solder
  4. vlwisconsin

vlwisconsin New Member

I didn't either, I just borrowed my buddy's. A lot of people have them, just ask around.
  5. k20whiteguy

k20whiteguy New Member

buy one at walmart for 4 dollars when you are there
  6. palach

palach New Member

i f***ed up 2day doin that. don't feel like spendining another 20$ for a shot. I'd rather pay 2 those website mastas.
  7. Tedwarddenton

Tedwarddenton New Member

just borrow from walmart and/or replace the barcode for it with a candybar barcode.
  8. comthre3

comthre3 New Member

@tedwarddenton, Lol, i like your "BORROWING" concept!