I d/l'd "Psych" TV show and it won't play on my JB 1.1.4 Touch (iTunes 8) Why not???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by redgtxdi, Sep 16, 2008.

1. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have a 16GB Jailbroken 1.1.4. Works great and I see absolutely ZERO reason to upgrade.........BUT.......

My wife put an episode of Psych on her 80G video and it played just fine. I put it on my Touch (it transferred just fine) and it showed up as a TV show in my video library, but when I tried to play it, a dialog box comes up saying, "movie could not be played on ipod".

WTF???

I've got a half-dozen movies on there that I've made from handbrake that play just fine.

Is it because I'm not on 2.1??
  2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    nope its nothing to do with you not being on 2.1.

have you tried re-syncing the movie?
    it might have been corrupted during the copying or the syncing
  3. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Welp, tried everything I can possibly think of and nothing works. Psych, Knight Rider, Monk, reboot, reboot again, resync, new computer, different computer, different time of day...........NOTHING!

Will not play!

What's really funny is that Google turns up several similar situations, but no answers.

Anybody care to bet that if I updated to 2.1 in the next 30 minutes, I'd be playin' these TV shows juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fine????
  4. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i heard that its because it doesnt support hd videos.
  5. redgtxdi

redgtxdi New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's true, but these aren't HD vids. (I delete the HD vids & just use the regular resolution)

FWIW..............I downloaded 2.1 and guess what.................YUP...........TV SHOWS WORK FINE NOW!!

Would'a never guessed it, eh???

Go, The Steve!