I currently have a jailbroken 1st Generation 16 GB Ipod Touch with ver. 2.2 firmware

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Papote, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Papote

Papote New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Update 2.2 to 3.0 backup app data

I currently have a jailbroken 1st Generation 16 GB Ipod Touch with ver. 2.2 firmware. I am going to update (restore) to 3.0 firmware. I know from previous updates that I will loose everything. I want to back up some apps settings and database files. Given that hopefully some of them be compatible with 3.0, are these files in the applications folder or in another special folder?
  2. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Updating and restoring are two different things. Updating will keep all your data, while restoring wipes everything.

If you are restoring, backup your iPod right before your restore. It should already be backing up each time you sync your iPod, but do this just to make sure. Then, while restoring, choose to restore from a backup. All your notes, photos, and app data and settings will be saved. If you want to back up your jailbroken apps, download AptBackup, which will automatically download all your jailbroken apps back onto your iPod once you re-jailbreak.
  3. billybojilly

billybojilly New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Updating from 2.x.x to 3.x.x you lose everything.
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you talking about backing up things like Cydia Apps?

AptBackup will do that for you, and if you have WinterBoard, it will restore your theme.
    AptBackup, along with a regular iTunes sync should do the trick.

Good Luck,
    iAppleCentral®