I could use your input...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Rwr1311, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. Rwr1311

    Rwr1311 New Member

    Jul 4, 2008
    Likes Received:
    I found a guy on craigslist who is selling an unopened ipod touch 8 gb for $250. I told him I could go $200, and agreed to avoid the eBay hassle and do it for that price. He's waiting on a reply.

    Should I take what is right now a steal at $200? I'm not worried about the $10 for the upgrade.

    I'm a little hesitant because I've heard of a possible price cut/increase in memory. I wouldn't mind a 16gb for $300, but I'm not a huge space eater as far as music is concerned. (I have an old 30gb Dell Dj that I use to catalog my entire music collection, so this one would just have flavor of the week music).

    Also, buyer's guides online says it might be a good idea to hold off right now. Why now? New touch coming out? I'm not interested in GPS or a camera.

    Any thoughts and input are welcome,
  2. wearmaize

    wearmaize Active Member

    Feb 13, 2008
    Likes Received:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    It's your call. Most ''experts'' say that there is no way that the iPod will drop in price. However, a 2nd generation is completely possible. I don't want to be the guy to make you lose $100, but if you have the money anyway, I'd say wait (for a better design, and better hardware, possibly)
  3. element_skater_dude

    element_skater_dude New Member

    Jun 8, 2008
    Likes Received:
    It depends on how badly you want the ipod. If you've been waiting for a long time and are dying to have it, I'd get it. But if you already have another ipod or mp3 that can get you through the wait til September, I'd wait it out.
    $200 is a good deal.

Share This Page