I could trade my 1G for 2G for free but...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xyklok, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

Hi everyone, I bought my touch about 45 days ago at Costco and I can still bring it back to get a full refund then buy the 2G and I would even have extra $ out of this but my problem is that when I bought my touch, I also bought the applecare warranty (for 20$ at CC) and I called Apple to ask if I can transfer applecare from 1 touch to another and they said I can't so I was wondering if I should simply keep my 1G touch with the 2 year warranty or if I should trade it for a 2G touch but lose my warranty

Please Register or Log in to view images

. thx for the help

PS: I did search before making this topic and I couldn't really find the answer I was looking for

2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch

2g touch ftw
  3. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you JB-holic, you will properly want to stay with 1G ;p there won't 2G JB for a while
  4. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can't they use the morphy quickpwn for the new 2G touch???? i thought it worked great =D
  5. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

well I really like jailbreaking (mostly because we can customize lot of stuff) but I mainly use my touch to listen ot music and I rarely play the game or use the apps I downloaded on installer/cydia but I still think it's cool so I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice a cool looking springboard for speakers and a longer battery life (I don't rly care about the speaker tbh, I'm rly interested in the battery life tough)
  6. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if u want to save money do this.... you trade in yuor ipod touch get ur money back buy a new ipod touch for 100 dollars cheaper. so u gain 100 but then u loose the apple care, you gain 80 still then if u want a new apple care 2 year warranty you buy it for 20, you still gain 60 bucks by trading your ipod touch for the new one. in the end even loosing your old apple care warranty you gain money and u can still get a new one for your new ipod touch and gain moeny!
  7. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So what do you waiting for? ^^
  8. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

I don't know to be honest, I'm just scared to regret my decision, I probably won't but I'll surely miss jailbreaking but I guess you're right and I've checked CC and they still have some applecare for 25$ in stock so I guess the money I save should compensate for losing the jailbreak

------------------double post merged------------------
    I'll bump my topic for a last question, I know that the 2G has a new curved back and is a lil bit bigger and I was wondering if it would fit in my belkin leather case

, don't feel like buying a new one...

9. rash219

rash219 New Member

It might it might not....but regarding returning the touch or not why dont you just do this....ask them if they have a30 day price gurantee....or something...that way you may no have to return it.......if they dont just return it and buy it again at a cheaper cost saving you some money to actually buy some apps or other gadjects for the touch.....