I could do with some help.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chibbins, Mar 8, 2008.

1. chibbins

chibbins New Member

I'm struggling to find anything for the iPod Touch that doesn't require Jailbreak.
    Does anything even exist?

And also, what are the consequences of Jailbreaking and iPod Touch?

Help would be awesome

Please Register or Log in to view images

Rob
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Hey man, welcome!

If you don't jailbreak, all you have are the web-apps. If you wait until June, you will be able to buy apps through the app store on an unjailbroken pod. If you want to jailbreak now, do some reading and searching in this forum, and you will learn everything you ned to learn.

Consequences are possible instability do to certain programs, possible battery life killer applictions. You also lose your warranty if you jailbreak, but you can easily restore your system to factory if there is a problem, and they will never know you jailbroke it. Since October, I have not heard of a completely 'bricked' ipod, due to jailbreaking. Have fun!
  3. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep, the worst consequence if you jailbreak is you might have to restore. That's it. And its impossible to brick your iPod... If you think you did all you have to do is force restore.
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Jailbreak.

The only consequences of jailbreaking is having to restore. Also, it does void your warranty but if you have a problem with your Touch you can always restore (it wipes the iPod back to factory settings) then put some dummy songs on it. Apple will never know you jailbroke.
  5. chibbins

chibbins New Member

awesome thanks!
    i'm thinking of getting it sorted today
    i'm going to have a read around like you said, and then maybe give it a pop!

Is it a definite that you can restore it leaving no trace?

Thanks,
    Chibbins.

Please Register or Log in to view images