I can't touch anything!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MBaller20, Apr 17, 2008.

1. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't know how this started to happen. When i boot up my ipod, i can touch the icons and open the application, but it wont let me tap or scroll anything in the app. Like when i open music, i cant select anything or scroll. Anyone know the reason for this? I have already tried hard booting and regular restart.
  2. add45

add45 New Member

sounds like a chmod problem i think?
  3. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got the same problem about 2 weeks ago after installing Caterpillar. My only solution was to backeverything up with SSH, then restore and rejailbreak my iPoT.
  4. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i'm going to keep searching around for a solution before i have to restore. Restoring is too much work. Would it have anything to do with the plist file?
  5. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that happened to me when I used ziphone. I had to restore... Now I use iliberty! (much better!)
  6. zuned

zuned New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    NOOOOOO!!!, lol u dont have to restore all u need to do is cut off your ipod and cut it back on...its happens to my ipod all the time because of catepillar, i just reboot and it works fine...sometimes i have to rebbot more than once but thrust me your ipod still works fine....hopefully u see this before its too late
  7. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i haven't restored yet. im going to try to find a solution and keep rebooting until tomorrow afternoon. hopefully there is a solution out there. but i will keep rebooting. thanks for the replies
  8. jniranjan

jniranjan Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you've installed advanced preferences and used the touch setting, then that could be what's causing the problem. Turn touch off
  9. MBaller20

MBaller20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    omg, this is crazy. Right after I made this post, I tried rebooting for the hundreth time and it worked again. I'm posting this from my iPod right now. Thanks everyone for the replies. And to those who get this problem and happen to find this thread, don't give up. Keep rebooting. It literally took me at least 20 times, but it worked. What I did was leave it on until there was 10% battery left. Then I restarted and it worked. I'll probably never shut off my iPod again
  10. jjj651

jjj651 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yo this is happening to me now. Its pissing me off. I hate cater f***ing pillar now. I'm not gonna shut off my iPod ever again either