i can't restore to 1.1.1---help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by ithorse, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ithorse

ithorse New Member

according to the guide here i try to downgrade my ipod touch 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, but show the message:the ipod could not be restored, an unknown error occurred [1], please help me
  2. skaught

skaught New Member

3. sangesf

sangesf New Member

No problem...

Follow this guide... it WILL work for you...

The world’s easiest method to downgrade your iPod touch from 1.1.3 back to 1.1.1
    NOTE: This is NOT the same as putting your iPod into RESTORE MODE. If you put your iPod into "Restore Mode" when you try to Downgrade to 1.1.1, it will give you an error.

1.) Connect your iPod touch to your running iTunes (version 7.5 is preferred).

2.) Make sure your iPod is showing its 1.1.3 home screen (it’s not in Recovery Mode.)
    (Not a problem for you it's just rebooting constantly)

3.) Put the iPod touch in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode as follows:
    (This is NOT the same as RESTORE mode.)

a.) Press and hold-down both the Power and Home buttons.

b.) Release the Power button when you see the iPod disconnects and disappears from iTunes. This takes place in about 10 seconds. The iPod’s screen is blank.

c.) Release the Home button when you see the iPod re-connects and re-appears in iTunes. This happens in about 20 seconds. The screen is still blank until the iPod reconnects.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It’s good to go!

Now you can do the usual restore firmware procedure with Option+Restore (Shift+Restore in PC), and subsequently jailbreak your iPod touch once again.

IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS JUST GET YOUR IPOD INTO RESTORE MODE AND FOLLOW THIS GUIDE..
    (RESTORE MODE = HOLD DOWN POWER AND HOME BUTTON CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL YOU GET THE USB AND DISC ICON SHOWING UP)
  4. congkai

congkai New Member

so people does this work? i also having problem and same error
  5. congkai

congkai New Member

6. Retech

Retech New Member

This works !
  7. idaniel86

idaniel86 New Member

Hi everyone
    i'm having the same problem, I can't restore to 1.1.1, even when i put my ipod in DFU mode, iTunes shows the same error
    please help!!!
  8. sjrocky

sjrocky New Member

I'm also having the same issue, I've tried everything I could find on here...
  9. SladeX

SladeX New Member

I've killed my ipod 5 times now in 1.1.3, each time I've always been able to invoke it to restore mode using the above method.

Keep in mind that there are at least 2 versions of 1.1.1 floating on the internet, mine gives an error with 1 version, works fine with another. Look for this file iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.zip
  10. gobygoby

gobygoby New Member

this method works perfectly.