i cant restore my itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by JONeeezy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. JONeeezy

JONeeezy New Member

Ok, so for some reason my installer wouldnt work anymore b/c i would always get the msg " main execution failed " and i couldnt install anything. So someone told me to restore and just start over and it should fix everything.

But now when i restore ( ive done this before several times in the pass and it worked ) it goes through the extracting software, then preparing to restore then it gets to the restoring part. Half way through the restoring, it crashes and says there was an uknown error [6]. And after several tries it just kept happening.

So the person that told me to restore it said that since that isnt working, he had me download a 1.1.4 restore .ipsw from a website and try the restore + SHIFT method. Then again the extracting, prepare and then the restoring. It crashes again saying an unknown error again but with a different number [1426] or something ( not sure if that matters ).

Now i cant do anything with my itouch b/c everytime i turn it on, it gives me the picture of the usb and itunes saying that i need to connect. Is my ipod broken ?

Someone please help me ! SORRY FOR THE LONG READ lol.
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Try uninstal and reinstal itunes.
  3. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    reinstalling iTunes might work or it may not the be the problem. If you go to apples support forum, it lists all the errors and their corresponding numbers, just look up your error and it will tell you the cause and how to resolve ur issue. But you never know, reinstalling may do the trick. Good luck.
  4. JONeeezy

JONeeezy New Member

But wont uninstalling itunes delete all of my songs, videos, etc ?
  5. harry2989

harry2989 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    No uninstalling itunes just gets rids of preferences and itunes. Also make sure you uninstall apploe mobile devices and the software update. Also uninstall quicktime (do this first) and then reinstall quicktime from a single download. This worked for me after 3 reboots from all the installing.
  6. stevomegadeth

stevomegadeth New Member

If it does delete your stuff just back it up.
    1.find itunes folder that contains you music,album artwork ect.
    2.Copy all the files inside to another folder
    3.Install Itunes
    4.Overite with copied files
    All your music will be there and it will reconize your ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. JONeeezy

JONeeezy New Member

Nevermind I got it to restore. ThatWasOffTheHook, thanks for for telling me about the apple forum thats what helped me. Thanks to everyone else. LOCK THIS.
  8. ThatWasOffTheHook

ThatWasOffTheHook New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah no problem