I Cant Restore My Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JONeeezy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. JONeeezy

JONeeezy New Member

Ok, so for some reason my installer wouldnt work anymore b/c i would always got the msg " main execution failed " and i couldnt install anything. So someone told me to restore and just start over and it should fix everything.

But now when i restore ( ive done this before several times in the pass and it worked ) it goes through the extracting software, then preparing to restore then it gets to the restoring part. Half way through the restoring, it crashes and says there was an uknown error [6]. And after several tries it just kept happening.

So the person that told me to restore it said that since that isnt working, he had me download a 1.1.4 restore .ipsw from a website and try the restore + SHIFT method. Then again the extracting, prepare and then the restoring. It crashes again saying an unknown error again but with a different number [1426] or something ( not sure if that matters ).

Now i cant do anything with my itouch b/c everytime i turn it on, it gives me the picture of the usb and itunes saying that i need to connect. Is my ipod broken ?

Someone please help me ! SORRY FOR THE LONG READ lol.
  2. quitechris

quitechris New Member

Does your itunes see the ipod when you plug it in?
    (if yes) dont shift click, just completley restore using the firmware itunes will download

(if no) do you have another computer you could try using to restore it, OR http://www.limitededitioniphone.com/how-to-put-the-iphone-into-dfu-mode/

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone / iPod Touch

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode. then restore