I can't put my iPod in DFU mode!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prestige Miami, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Prestige Miami

Prestige Miami New Member

I jailbreaked my iPod Touch 2G about 3 months ago (tethered). And about a month ago my power button stopped working. Last night I fell asleep listening to the iPod through my stereo, and it ran out of battery and shut off. The only way to power it up is through DFU mode and putting in some commands. Now I can't put it in DFU mode with a broken power button. I've spent 2 hours trying but it wouldn't work. Is there maybe another solution or am I screwed?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Anybody?
  2. kzr22

kzr22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    plug ure ipod in, open itunes, hold home and power for 10sec, then release power but continue to hold home until itunes picks up ure device in recovery mode, ure screen should be black

or u could just GOOGLE god man
  3. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

He said... his power button was broken.. I'm just wondering why didn't you return it to Apple when you knew your power button was broken?
  4. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    make sure your doing the DFU mode correct, like holding the buttons for the right amount of time

DFU mode will always work as it is programmed on the hardware level
  5. FreeThatAppleDevice

FreeThatAppleDevice Banned

Can any of you read? He said HIS IPOD'S POWER BUTTON IS BROKEN. He's doing DFU mode right, he just can't do it because of the broken power button, sheesh.
  6. Blackhaze

Blackhaze Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just return ur ipod to apple. go to apple.com and schedule an appointment. Then go to the apple store and theyll give u a new one. As long as you didnt drop it or anything....
  7. MasterHacker

MasterHacker New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Your screwed... Seriously man. Return it to apple and get it fixed. However apple will most likely detect your jailbreak. If the do, then I guess you won't get your device back or something. But you could just buy a new device.

EDIT: I don't know how bad your power button is, but if it's still attached a bit, then I MIGHT, I repeat, MIGHT, have a solution for you. Plug your device to your computer. Now put your device into DFU mode. But when your holding the power button, you need to REALLY REALLY PUSH the power button REALLY HARD. PUSH IT LIKE ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!! Again, don't know if this will work, but you can try!