I cant in stall the summerboards

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by CANTTOUCHTHIS, Oct 30, 2007.

1. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

WHen i insstall them there is no change in my background or icons wat so ever. everything looks the same how can i change this?
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You need SummerBoard installed for any themes to work. Assuming you have that, tap the icon for SMBPrefs and then tap where it says Themes. Select the theme that you want then select "Restart Summerboard."

After that, you should be all set.
  3. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

ok

but willthis mess up anything on my summerboard or anything
  4. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

i dont kno how

i dont know how to restart or setup up the custimize or summerboard is there anything extra i need to download
  5. SkylarEC

Have you installed SummerBoard from Installer? Go to the Uninstall menu and scroll down through the list. If you see it, then you have it installed. If you don't, then install it from the Install menu.

Once you're sure you have it, there should be an app on your SpringBoard called SMBPrefs. Tap that and you'll see the icon for themes. Select your Theme. At the bottom of the SMBPrefs thereis a menu called "Restart SpringBoard." Tap that.

Customize has nothing to do with this. And there is nothing else that you have to download, save for the themes themselves. You can get those from the section in Installer called "Themes (SummerBoard).
  6. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

ok thanks man i really appreciate

is there any apps that i should have and if i go under utilities and add customize what does dat app do for me
  7. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

also

is device escape helpful?
  8. SkylarEC

Customize lets you change certain things like the battery images at the top of the screen, what your iPod says at the unlock screen, etc. It is not used for theming. If you want to install that, please do a search in the forum. There are several threads outlining how to install it.
  9. CANTTOUCHTHIS

CANTTOUCHTHIS New Member

Anything

do u need to be on a laptop to install these or can u do these things straigth from the touch?