Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by yahtrickya, Aug 2, 2008.
how do I do it, it keeps going to recovery.
its simple...go here http://ipodtouched.net/?page_id=272 it got a video and everything...
its a bit tricky, make sure you time it for 10 seconds when holding the power and home button and then release just the power button and continue holding home button until itunes picks it up
please help me with my problem Please Register or Log in to view images i want to go to sleep Please Register or Log in to view images:http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=814704#post814704
Please Register or Log in to view images
get a stopwatch or a watch with a seconds hand and follow these directions to a T.
1. Hold Power Button and turn off device
2. Wait 5 seconds
3. Hold Power + Home Button For 10 seconds
4. Let go of power button but keep pressing the home button for 10 seconds
5. itunes will open and say "your ipod is in recovery mode and you need to restore"
Your iPod should not show ANYTHING on the screen after step 1. If it shows the connect to itunes sign you did it wrong so just try again till you get it right.
Simple way is to use iLiberty+. That's what i did with my jailbreak & it worked fine.
MAKE SURE UR HOOKED UP 2 UR COMPUTER
1. hold power button + home button
2. keep on holding on both buttons until u get past the red slider
3. DO NOT LET GO..... wait 2 seconds after red slider dissappears
4. then wen 2 seconds are up let go of power button but still keep finger on home button
5. just WAIT until itunes recognizes that ur ipod is in DFU mode (it won't say its in DFU mode btw)
6. wen itunes pops up let go of home button
den voila ..........u'll knoe wen ur ipod is in DFU mode wen itunes says that ur ipod is in recovery mode or sumtin and ur ipod touches screen is black (says nuthin on screen)
does it flash white before going into recovery mode,
nope. only DFU flashes.
Separate names with a comma.