I can't connect to my schools wireless network

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andrew00, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Andrew00

Andrew00 New Member

I cant get my iPod to connect to my school's secure wireless network. I dont know what setting to use ro anything. I tried typing in the mac/ip address my laptop has when its on the wireless network but no luck. I have a logon name and a pw for the network...but am i suppose my logon as the "client id" and my pw when it asks for it? Cuz ive tried everything but it wont let me connect. That would be a huge disappointment if i cant use the wifi on campus! I couldn't get my xbox to connect to the network either at first, until I put in a subnet mac, etc but that was using a a wired connection if it matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. the_raider

the_raider New Member

does it ask for a password or something like that.
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

if your school is smart, they have RADIUS set up: only domain members can access the wireless network, and the iPoT cannot join a domain

or, more likely, you typed in the password wrong, or put the wrong type.
  4. Andrew00

Andrew00 New Member

Ya it does ask for my password, Ive tried it so many times so i know i entered it correctly. When I use my school provided laptop there is no need for a password or username. But I know to use the pw/user name combo from my school email address when trying to connect the iTouch because the tech department says thats what to use for connecting a mac to the network.
  5. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

what? make more sense, then try again later.
  6. Andrew00

Andrew00 New Member

I tried the correct password and username. So I know that that is not the problem.
  7. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

on my touch i had to type all of my settings in manually ie. useing "static"
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, that means that your acccess point is not providing DHCP and that all hosts must manually be configured; a pain in the ass on a large network.

if it is YOUR router, enable DHCP and you will be happy with the results

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. pballa2099

pballa2099 New Member

no i have DHCP enabled on my router. But for some reason I would have to type in all the settings manually
  10. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

lol, a nice, big warm cookie says that you arent connecting to YOUR network then. do neighbors have routers with similar SSIDs?