I cant change my Lockscreen wallpaper!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by goddoesskate, Jun 11, 2008.

1. goddoesskate

goddoesskate New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i know it should be simple like by going to settings/general/wallpaper but when i do that it doesnt change to the new picture i chose. it worked fine before i started putting themes on it. i even uninstalled customize to try to fix the problem but nothing quite worked. i know this is probably a simple prrocedure for yal professionals but im new at this so can anyone PLEASE help?!?
  2. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

do you have "theme wallpaper" and "enable wallpaper" turned off/on in SMBPrefs?
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Go into Library and delete Lockbackground.jpg
  4. erchamion

erchamion New Member

jpga13, you rule. i had the same problem and that fixed it.
    to make it more clear, you have to SSH into your ipod/iphone and go into the /var/mobile/library folder and delete a file called Lockbackground.jpg
  5. nomorefightingcats

nomorefightingcats New Member

That doesn't really fix the problem, it will constantly lock to that image afterwards.

To FIX the problem, SSH into you iPod and locate the lockbackground.jpg file in var/mobile/library, then set permissions to the JPEG file to 0755.
  6. kaytwo

kaytwo New Member

What does SSH mean? how do i do it?
  7. akin23uk

akin23uk New Member

i had the same problem, you need to ssh into ur ipod, go to root/private/va/mobile/library and delete 'lock background.jpg'
  8. nomorefightingcats

nomorefightingcats New Member

Refer to my post.
  9. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Can you please..follow the suggestion I made and EDIT your post and paste exactly whta comes after this period.

i know it should be simple like by going to settings/general/wallpaper but when i do that it doesnt change to the new picture i chose. it worked fine before i started putting themes on it. i even uninstalled customize to try to fix the problem but nothing quite worked. i know this is probably a simple prrocedure for yal professionals but im new at this so can anyone PLEASE help?!?

Answered by jpga13:
    Thank You!
  10. spydie

spydie New Member

i cant change anything like i was modding than everything stopped changing i tried to delete the things i installed but it didnt work