I Cannot Sync My iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zach Arie, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Zach Arie

Zach Arie New Member

I cannot seem to Sync music to my iTouch. It comes up with an error message that says "The required disk cannot be found," after syncing around 10-30 songs. I took it to my friend's house and his computer sync'ed his music to my iTouch with no problem, but then when I took it home, the same problem occured, and again it Syncs ~10 songs then stops with an error message that says "The required disk cannot be found." I have tried different USB cables, but none of them worked. I also have iTunes 7.5, and have used this same library for my iPod Nano.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wierd?

I can't think of anything - possibly try restoring your iPod and try syncing again? The only problem I've had with iTunes is that I had SP1 a while back and iTunes didn't run on SP1, only on SP2.
  3. Zach Arie

Zach Arie New Member

Hmm.... I just tried to restore it and it came up with... "The iPod could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1602)."

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ras0408

ras0408 New Member

I seem to be having the same problem, I get a device timed out error and the restore eeror. After reading it seems like it might be a USB problem. I have USB 2.0 but i think that it for some reason isn't recognizing it. Tomorrow I will be trying a hub as siggested on other sites and see if that works and I'll let you giuuys know. In the mean time if anyone else has any oother suggestions I would love to try them out.
  5. Zach Arie

Zach Arie New Member

Okay, thanks for posting man
  6. jabrony24

jabrony24 New Member

I have the exact same problem...synced my library 900 songs and only about 430 were synced and the message saying the disk cannot be found popped up...well i shut down itunes and restarted and did the sync again..this time it did about 40 before that fun lil message come up again..well after about 5 shutdowns and startups i had my whole library on the touch...i just would like to know why the program is having problems finding the disc but after shuting it down and restarting it finds it(although briefly) and syncs a few...also some of my cover art mysteriously dissappears after syncing
  7. tonypimpntel

tonypimpntel New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i cant sync on the go playlists. they dont save when i sync!!!
  8. TheDarkMushroom

TheDarkMushroom New Member

i get unknown error -53 but it still syncs. help!
  9. Thursday)Next

Thursday)Next New Member

Same issue

I have the same issue....syncs some songs and then says cannot find the disc. Only have this issue on my desktop, not my laptop. I even purchased a powered hub, to see if that would help, and it did not.....am going into an apple store soon, to see if they now what is happening
  10. salimras

salimras New Member

Wow. I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. Anyone found a solution? Please help. I'm desperate! I'm using 1.1.3 JBed by the way..