I can no longer jailbreak, whats next?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by drslippyfist, Feb 6, 2010.

1. drslippyfist

drslippyfist Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Ok I have a 32gb touch 3g that I bought the first day they cam out in the stores. Im not sure if its a MC or no though. I had it jailbroke fine with blackra1n and then I messed up and tried to donwload *DASANI* no knowing that you need a different one for 3.1. I then uninstalled it, respringed and that was the last Ive seen of it just ipod. Now when I try to jailbreak it just gets stuck in the jailbreak. I know that yesterday when I looked on cydia it said something about my sshs being saved but I dont have any idea if that helps me or how to put it into effect. I have tried another thread on here that tells me to click shift and restore but it automatically starts to restore before I can find the older 3.1.2 version. Someone also linked this *LINK REMOVED* but Im not sure if it will help because it says iphone and not ipod. Plus I dont know how to implememnt it into the restore. So if anyone has any ideas Im all ears. Oh and if it help just to let you know I have not updated to 3.1.3. I just cant jailbreak my ipod without it getting frozen.
  2. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. Airion

Airion Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    wat exactly is SHSH?

Please Register or Log in to view images

i have SHSH saved on my ipod (thank god!) but idk wat it is used for.
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

The newer 3.x firmware uses server keys to prevent custom IPSW installs when restoring. The SHSH files are the keys that Apple used for that particular iPod and firmware to allow the image to be installled. There are instructions in the 3.1.3 thread on how to fix it if you have those keys stored in Cydia, but please refrain from linking directly to firmware or discussing piracy.
  5. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So are the key stored on the iPod themselves or on Apple's servers (before being backed up through Cydia)?

Im ask because everything i've read suggests they are on the iPod, whic makes me wonder why people can't back the keys up now apple has stopped signing off on 3.1.2.
  6. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No

The keys come from apple servers, every time you restore they sign that particular IPSW

What i think Cydia does, is to mimic the restore process somehow, to request/obtain SHSH keys from apple servers