I can fix my SSH but it is not logical.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by jdawson, Aug 6, 2008.

1. jdawson

jdawson New Member

I have an iPod Touch 16 Gigs and I am running SSH on 2.0 and every so often I have this very weird problem where I just can’t connect to the SSH. The SSH service looks to be running on my device (I have terminal on it and I can see it is running) but it is just not accepting any connections.

I can use web browsers and other internet applications on my device so it is connected and working on my wireless network. I have it set to a fixed IP address on my wireless network so I know I am SSHing into the right IP address but no luck. I reboot the device 3-10 times no luck still not getting into the device. I use the boss tools to turn off the SSH service and back on then do more reboots and still no luck. I can uninstall SSH and reinstall it and that will not fix this problem.

But I have one solution that ALWAYS works but is NOT logical at all. If I go to my wireless router and TURN OFF encryption on my network. Connect to the wireless network and then try to SSH it work perfect. I then go turn encryption BACK on and I can STILL login to the device no problem. The device will then continue to work for a few days and then when it stops working I just turn off and on the encryption on my wireless router and everything is fine.

Turning off and ON the wireless router will not work. But another solution that will work is going into the iPod and say forget about this network and then retype the network password on the encryption and that also fixes the SSH problem.

Like I said this is NOT logical because either the device has a working network connection or it doesn’t and just re-connecting to the network shouldn’t LOGICALLY matter.

However it does matter and it will not work unless I do this.

Anyone have a good explanation to why this behavior exists?

Thanks in advance…
  2. skaman34

skaman34 New Member

mhm, sounds maybe like a firewall?
  3. jdawson

jdawson New Member

If I had one on I would agree with you..