I BRICKED my iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by c--f, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c--f

c--f New Member

At first i jailbreaked the ipod touch (using the touhfree4 method). I had no problems jailbreaking it. I also installed apps (map, mail, weather etc.) I had no problem with that either.

The problems started today when I installed summerboard, it would work so i tried to unistall it. The problem is that insted of unistalling summerboard, i touched the wrong app (I think it was ****SSH -with support for 1.1.1 apps.)

Now i've tried everything. I've tried to make a hard reset (with the release of the home button)

Tried to connect to it va ftp.... doesnt work either... -I find the ipod but the connection is not stable.....

What shall i do? -Or what shall i tell the people in the shops?

Appreciate answers.....
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

Ok, just to be pendantic here - in an attempt to help.

Firstly turn off and back on your iPod (using the top button, then the red slider).

Then follow these steps to the letter... you will have to hold the buttons for what seems like FOREVER, just keep holding until it happens.

*Must have iPod plugged into computer while doing this*

1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button.
  3. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Haha, I guess my directions are helpful.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. c--f

c--f New Member

I've tried it.... it doesnt work...

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. AlexRADL

What do you mean it does not work, explain a little more please. Can you get it to the point where it shows the connect to iTunes image? Did you get an error while try to restore, if so which one?
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    tell them you tried to download the 1.1.1 software and your iPod wouldn't work after you downloaded it.
  7. c--f

c--f New Member

Yes.I get the connect to itunes icon... When i do that, i try to restore.... The error i get i something like" Cannot restore ipod, itunes can't find the correct firmware...." In the information block, i get that iPod is connected and a ipod touch picture. on the other it says n/a...."
  8. AlexRADL

Try uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it. Then restart your computer and see if it works.
  9. Donosopj

Donosopj New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, you know what you have to do, you have to take your ipod touch and connect it to another computer and restore it from there, i had the same problem and i was able to restore my ipod easily.. hope this helps
  10. c--f

c--f New Member

ok.... now I've uninstalled itunes..... restarted the pc, and installed iTunes again....

Then i followed this guide...
    "1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
    2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
    3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
    4. Open iTunes .
    5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
    6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button."

When i connected the ipod i got the message: "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode......"

The info is:

Name: iPod
    Capacity: n/a
    Sotware v: n/a
    Serial n: n/a

I then pushed the restore button......
    I got the message: Software for this iPod is currently not aviable. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes and try again.... (Ihave the latest software 7.4.3)

What to do.... (P.s i've sat iTunes on downliad on another computer....)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.