iOS 3.1 I bricked my Ipod HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ipod touch 2ndG, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Ipod touch 2ndG

Ipod touch 2ndG New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So my Ipod touch 2.2.1 version is jailbroken and today I tried updating it to 3.1.3 and I didn't know that before you update it you have to restore it if your ipod is jailbroken.And I did it with out restoring it and now my ipod touch is forzen and says connect to itunes.I tried connecting to itunes but nothing happens when I plug it in.What do I do?I tried holding the home and power button for 30 sec and it still didn't work.Any ideas?I have looked on google and some people say to send it to apple and they will give you a new one but what if I bring it and they ask "How did this happen"? and if I say I jailbroke it they won't replace so what do I do?
  2. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU is ur friend. Also, u cant brick an itouch..only iphone.
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Idk an ipohne could be bricked. What do you have to do to brick one?
  4. moshonas

moshonas Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    the iPhone cannot be bricked; neither can the iPod touch. ANY GEN. All because the DFU is another chip and cannot be altered software'ly. it allows it to go into 'dfu' mode and be recovered.

And get into DFU mode

---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_ss0bljHY--

hold home and power for 10 seconds then release power and keep on holding home until your computer beeps (make sure it plugged in) OR for fifteen (15) seconds. once its in DFU mode connect it to your computer (if isnt already connected) and bring up itunes if it doesnt already pop up and restore to your original firmware.

Apple can check if there is a modified firmware on it.
  5. Jodious

Jodious New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I got my ipod to freeze the same way while attempting to install redsn0w. Put in DFU mode and it should get reconized by the computer.