I bought a used iTouch

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by actionjackson, Sep 26, 2008.

1. actionjackson

actionjackson New Member

I hope all of you will excuse my elementary questions but I am a new itouch user. I never had an Apple product before. I bought a 16Gb iTouch from a friend at work and of course it has a bunch of his old crap on it. I have 3 questions I am hoping all you highly intelligent iTouch people can help me with.

Question 1: How do I wipe all of the stuff my friend had on the iTouch and start over like it was a new one?

Question 2: I believe that iTunes has found all of my music and I have created some Playlists, etc.. but I cannot find any option to sync the music to my iTouch. Am I stupid? There is no menu option in iTunes to "Sync to device" (or any other similar text). How do i get my itouch to recognize the music identified by iTunes and download onto the device?

Question 3: I am hoping that the answer to question 1 will solve this problem but thought I would ask. Some of the menu items and icons in the iTouch are in Japanese. How do I change them to English?

Thanks for any help you can give me. I would hate to get frustrated after being so excited to finally have one.
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

1 . Restore.

2. In the music tab there is the list of options you can pick.

3. Restoring would also fix this , but you could look in the languages setting too.
  3. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. go into itunes then restore it. then go into settings and another menu then erase all content and settings

2. when u plug it in on the left bar in itunes your ipod should show... click that and it will show you a ton of options in the tabs.

3. #1 should fix this
  4. shitpan

shitpan Banned

dont call it an itouch. noob
  5. ur_so_beautiful

ur_so_beautiful New Member

Pretty much with my iPod touch, when i plug it into another computer, it completely wipes my iPod. Same thing happened with my old 1G nano. Until i put it into Disk mode.
    Hopefully Disk Mode comes to the iPod touch and iPhone prettttty soon.
  6. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    He bought it so he can call it whatever the f*** he wants. He can call it an iTouch, an iPod Touch, an iPod, A Touch. People call the iPod Nano a Nano, why the f*** can't he call it an iTouch.
  7. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Simply agreed.
  8. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    because people don't call it an inano. or iclassic. itouch honestly sounds stupid, and it isn't its name. call it an ipod fine call it a touch fine call it an ipod touch fine. call it anything else and it sounds stupid.

Try it say inano iclassic.
  9. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you do understand that opinions are relative, right?
    that your opinion is not global law?
  10. jackfranklin

jackfranklin New Member

Who actually cares?!