I axidentaly hid my installer.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lilsleepy59, May 31, 2008.

1. lilsleepy59

lilsleepy59 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    (I NEED Urgent help before my ipods IP changes! I also can't acces my Settings application)

Alright So I installed vista perfection 2.0 with categories and everything. it made some categories: Games, Documents, Computer, and CONTROL PANEL.

Next thing I do is I sort everything out, I put everything in the games section.. so on.
    and on the control panel section I put, Installer, and allot of apps needed to configure the ipod's settings

So today I install customize 2.0.0B10 and I decide to uninstall vista perfection 2.0.
    I didn't bother taking anything out from the categories (Games, Documents, computer, and control panel.) Because If I'm correct they wont get uninstalled because the categores are part of teh Categories.app.

So I restart the iphone and what do I find? on my desktop I have the Games, Documents, Computer category but.... Where THE **** IS MY CONTROL PANEL?!

Then I remember that control panel was the only category that was part of vista perfection...

one + is that my SSH is set to ON, and my IP hasn't changed yet! I don't know if that can help. But theres absolutely nothing on the rest of my categores that will help me solve this problem.
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Control Panel isn't a category, it opens BossPrefs.

Try SSHing into your iPod and installing Poof, open it, and go to the top and go to hidden. Then in hidden, look for installer and then set it to show again.

That should work.
  3. lilsleepy59

lilsleepy59 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    WOW IM STUPID! thanks you gave me an idea, remember I still had three categories left? well I went to edit/add on on the my computer category, and Installer was able to be chosen xD. Alright Everythings back to normal thanks I'd +rep but its gone.

Edit: And I just keep getting more and more stupid.... Boss prefs v1.67 was also on the computer category -_-