I am upgrading...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by shanshor, Jan 16, 2008.

1. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    From jailbroke 1.1.2. I was lookin at my dock and I saw that I don't use any of my apps, like ever. So for my birthday in a few days I am upgrading. I really like the new stuff like webclips. Well I'm upgrading anyhow, if they let me after I upgrade to 1.1.3.. So bye bye cool apps and themes.
  2. idolpunk

idolpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    good for you
  3. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Still thinking about it here.
  4. Eclipse8800

Eclipse8800 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i've already upgraded. its kool because i rarely use the apps on 1.1.2 except for the card games and the notepad and the wallpapers.
  5. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    It doesn't seem like a good idea to me. You can download music of the internet, play GBA, SNES, PSX, and NES , get free iPhone apps, and there is a website which makes web clips which you can SSH and drop in your applications folder. <- you can do this for free. Or you can pay $20 and get only half of the functionality.
  6. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'd like ability to add wallpaper... it's one thing I can't get without jb that I want.
  7. SpanishClash

SpanishClash New Member

Cool, I did and to be honest with you the ONLY thing I miss are wallpapers. Plus there's the promise of things to come. However I still insist Apple should have given these apps away without charge, or charged $5-10 to ALL (current & future) owners.
  8. RomeApart

RomeApart New Member

I upgraded too.

As for what I miss... the list is short.
    1) Wallpapers
    2) Dock - ugh
    3) An ability to sync iCal notes to the notes app. (it wasn't even possible thru jailbreak, but I think this should be high on Apples list for the next update).
  9. seveniron

seveniron New Member

Yep, I really don't miss much at all either. Now my son...that would be a different story. He remained Jailbroken. Over all I am happy with the upgrade.....still think we should not have had to pay for it but meh....whatever.
  10. edge0

edge0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If u really want the wallpapers, then on ur 1.1.2 jailbroken iPod,install the wallpapers u want use ssh and download them onto ur desktop , remove the thumbnails, and put the pigs in ur picture folder and use iTunes to sync the photos on ur iPod ... U can use the photos app to select a picture and set as wallpaper