I am somewhat confused?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Apple Guy, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Ok, I am confused about the current state of the JB.

I have heard that there are 2 ways to jailbreak a 1.1.3 iTouch. One with the iPhone firmware and one with the iTouch firmware. Is this true?

Also is the Dev team going to release an official iTouch jailbreak soon?

Thanks
  2. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

there is currently no way to jailbreak it with official itouch firmware, there were 2 different ways posted to get the $20 app pack without activating the iphone features though, seems one didnt quite work how it said it would and the one i used, which does work quite well, was taken down, i cannot upload the file because my computer wont let me do so for some reason
  3. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Dont be confused heres what happend. Nate True released the iphone jailbreak without premission yesterday. yes iphone. but it happens to work on the touch. no its not the OFFICAIL touch jailbreak, but it works, if you feel like tinkering around until the touch jailbreak comes out, which should be within the next day or so.
  4. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Did you use the one that was leaked, or a different one?

So I should just wait, right?
  5. zerod07

zerod07 New Member

i used the leaked iphone 1.1.3 jb and it worked fine on my itouch, i currently have quite a few apps installed and working(including customize) i have the $20 app pack for free with none of the useless iphone apps. no pop ups about activation and no "no service" carrier icon
  6. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

I used the iphone firmware like everyone else so far. If you want to wait you can, if your feeling spiffy jailbreak it.
  7. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I am waiting for sure - its a couple days. No rush.