I am so PUMPED.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TooGoodAtCOD4, Aug 26, 2009.

1. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just wanted to say that this site is ridiculous with how much info it has on it. I have been looking for weeks now at the site and feel I will be here for a loooooong time to come. Just wanted to say hey, introduce myself, long time iPod'er, first time touch owner.

I've been on a few other forums, and a mod on one so don't worry, I know where the search button is and will use it often

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks again for all the fantastic info you guys provide.

TooGoodAtCOD4
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha welcome to the forum!
  3. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I gotta be honest tho... I have built many many computers from scratch, but this much info is kinda overwhelming. I am starting from the bottom with the thread that just lists guide, after guide, after guide. I guess my main problem is wanting to learn as much as possible about Installer, Cydia, and the 'Source's I can add... don't really know what I'm talking about or how to. I will continue my reading of these novels you guys have compiled and see where I can get. Any recommendations are greating appreciated.

TooGoodAtCOD4
  4. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This certainly is a very large and extensive forum.

But don't worry about Cydia and sources. Installer is dead (it's been overtaken by Cydia) and Cydia has some great sources preinstalled, so you can check those off of your list of things to learn. And Cydia is just like an App Store, though not as seamless as apple's. If you post questions, you'll find that most people are helpful, though you'll invariably get people asking you to search.

5. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok thanks for the info! One more question tho, if installer is dead how do most people install cydia?? Every thread ESPECIALLY the stickies, all say something about installer blah blah blah... also googled it and came back with installer yadda yadda. I know this is a noob question, sorry in advance. haha Thanks for the help. I'm learning but DAMN there's too much info on here! And I keep running into stuff that's outdated.

TooGoodAtCOD4
  6. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When you first jailbreak your iPod, cydia installs also.
  7. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cydia gets on your iPod after the jailbreak process ends. Remember the part where you had to uncheck Icy ? Right next to it was a little checkbox called "Cydia".

Also, you'll learn everything you need to know about the iPod touch in a day or so.
    Three days if you're a slow learner. Tops.
  8. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Welcome! And yeah, Cydia installs automatically when you jailbreak.
    I'm pretty sure that there's an "All Sources" package on Cydia you can install which will download many of the most popular sources.
  9. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Welcome bro to iptf (ipodtouchfans) Great decision you made in buying a touch and coming to this forum. whenever you have a problem you can ask it here and for sure someone will help you and also the front page contains new news <<lol but yah your gonna love it here. Especially how friendly people can be.
  10. luke104

luke104 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Welcome to the site mate, i also love this site, i have been a member since 2007, and visit almost everyday