I am selling my iPod to a friend and..

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPlunder, Mar 7, 2009.

1. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

i want to wipe the entire thing clean before i sell it to him. If i restore it will it delete every single thing off my ipod? Like settings, and settings within my apps like iMob and stuff?

Also, is there any way i could transfer any of my music and cydia apps to my new iPhone i am buying?
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

Well, DFU mode would be the best way to erase EVERYTHING. And yes, it restores it back to the settings when you first purchased the iPod. So yes, everything will be deleted.

Something about iMob, i believe it registers something unique in your iPod, so lets say you deleted iMob when you were lvl 23, restore, restore to a new iPod, and install iMob, you will still be at lvl. 23.

so best thing to do is to go to iMob > My Profile. scroll to the bottom and tap Reset. then do the DFU mode stuff and restoring stuff.

and no, you cannot copy jailbroken stuff to your iPhone, unless you SSH out the jailbroken apps. but you can copy music, apps, and videos by creating a backup on iTunes.
  3. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

backup your iPod 1st. Then press restore in iTunes an I think you can restore everything.
  4. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

And just for some reference,
    Are you getting a new iPod Touch or iPhone?
  5. iPlunder

iPlunder New Member

It's an iPhone that i am buying, 2g.