I am really angry.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by odeed, Jan 29, 2008.

1. odeed

odeed New Member

I did something stupid, and deleted everything on my 1.1.3 jailbroken ipod. Right now I am putting back all the music onto my ipod (yes, I use my ipod for music too).

Here is what happened, I can see how it came about, sorta..

Before I jailbroke, I installed the bigboss tool, this allowed me to move my applications into a much larger partition in order to overcome the 300mb limit. obviously to fit the jailbreak image into the ipod.

After jailbreaking I started installing apps, but after about four downloads it stopped working, after a bit of cursing, and mashing buttons, I realised that the problem was the apps partition had run out of space. So somehow it undid the bigboss application movement and reverted to default, (is this a known issue? I don't know)

So I deleted a couple of apps to make way for the re-download of bigboss tools again, after I got rid of the apps Bigboss installed properly..

I moved all the apps using bigboss, BUT, for some reason when I went back to springboard, all my installed apps (apart from installer) were gone...

When I say all apps, this includes google maps..

Stupidly I decided i would try installing the 1.1.3 app-pack from installer.

After installing the ipod reverted to springboard and had a spinning loading icon in the centre, after a while the ipod rebooted, (I was excited that this crazy plan might actually work...) But then I realised that the ipod was taking awfully long to load. (all the time I was praying: pleasedon'tgointoinfinitereboopleasedon'tgointoinfinitereboopleasedon'tgointoinfinitereboot)

Well it did, soon I was shown a screen with the ipod connector and an itunes logo, this is a sure sign that your ipod is in recovery mode (and sure enough, it was)

So now I am stuck putting all my music back onto my ipod..

Can anyone see exactly where I went things went awry? I would like to know..

Oh, and no offense to those who worked hard on the jailbreak, I will eventually return to 1.1.3, but for now i will wait until everything is fixed and well before I decide to re-jailbreak. Thanks though guys.
  2. damhack

damhack New Member

Yes, you should be really angry with yourself for not reading these forums properly.

a) Even if you moved your apps before the jb, after 113 jailbreak, a large image is left on your iPod which you need to manually remove. This is in the readme for the 113 jailbreaks.

b) The 113 jb on Installer is for 112jb only. However it *might* work.

c) You just needed to run iBrickr or Independence to get out of recovery mode. (Don't actually do the iBrickr process though once it is out of recovery).

Hope that helps???

Dam
  3. odeed

odeed New Member

yeah It was an impulse thing, but yes I did update from 1.1.2..
  4. odeed

odeed New Member

I searched the threads for whether I should use that cleaner. I wasn't sure that I used the correct jailbreak since there are about ten different ways (ok, that was an exaggeration). Anyway, I think it was too late by then. Oh, and I know it was my fault for being so stupid. I just want to wait until the jailbreak is as stable as the 1.1.1 firmware version.
  5. toehead

toehead New Member

You should move the applications manually. It works much better that way.

I used Skylar's Dev team jailbreak and everything is working well.