I am in need of serious help! Ipod touch won't turn on, won't even show up on iTunes!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by renthead425, Oct 31, 2009.

1. renthead425

renthead425 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok, so I had my iPod, and it was working fine, until the screen like wouldn't work. so I turned it off and back on, and it worked fine. Then like 30 minutes later I plugged it into a small iHome and then like 2 minutes later it just shut off. No life. I tried everything, all the buttons, all the holding down, charging it, nothing's working. I plugged it into iTunes and nothing showed, BUT when I held my iPod while it was still plugged into the computer (a PC btw) it was BURNING hot, like not just hot, really hot!

I really don't wanna buy a new one! It's my life!

its an iPod touch 2nd generation (with 3.0 software), and its a 16GB, not jailbroken.
  2. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sounds like the battery is dead, If you've had it under a year its under warranty, take it to the Apple store and they should give you a new one.

If you've had it over a year your best chance of getting a new one is to tell the people at the Apple store it badly burned your hand.
  3. renthead425

renthead425 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got in March 2009, so I can return it and get a new one?? How do I do that?

Will I not get a new one if there's scratches on it??
  4. Tommm

Tommm Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, your iPod is in warranty.

Book an appointment with a genius (http://www.apple.com/retail/storelist/) and the'll do some tests on it to make sure the battery is dead. If it is they will either give you a new one or send your one off to get fixed.

And they won't care if its scratched.
  5. renthead425

renthead425 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks so much!!!

How long do you think that will take??
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    a few days to maybe a week. or a month or two. no more than one month i bet though.