I am having problems with my Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by midnight0045, Feb 12, 2009.

1. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    i need help booting my ipod into DFU mode

i have a jailbroken 2g ipod and restarted the ipod becauase a lot of my apps are crashing

now windows doesn't even recognize there is anything plugged into the usb port when i plub in my ipod... rendering the "DFU mode process" completely ineffective.. because the computer doesn't recognize an ipod at all... not even an "unrecognized device"

i know exactly what to do once the ipod is in DFU mode... i am just asking what i need to do to get my computer to recognize a usb connection to my ipod touch...

i have restarted my computer twice.. switched USB ports

my libwin thing is installed

keep in mind i have restarted my ipod touch several times and got it to boot before

Help / suggestions.. anything! please
  2. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Plug it in and do the dfu mode routine. Just listen to the sounds the computer makes and you should be fine.
  3. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    there are no computer sounds scorp

process:

plug in ipod.. nothing

DFU procedure.. nothing

restart computer.. plug in ipod touch before and after opening itunes.. nothing

ipod has full battery

my ipod was working this morning

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    can someone give me a suggestion? windows will not recognize the ipod becuase the ipod wont "start up" i understand it wont boot but i doesn't matter if i do the DFU process or anything the ipod is not responsive... please help and don't overlook me , i'm not new to this and need someone who knows what they are talking about to diagnose my issue
  4. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It happened to me too. Just keep holding power and home untill there is a sound, it might take a while. This worked for me so I hope it does for you too.
  5. Markje18

Markje18 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And if his method not work try hold power only
  6. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what happened to you too??? i just held the stupid buttons down for 2 minutes with nothing happening!! geez this is incredibly frustrating... i haven't done anything wrong, it isn't an issue with my computer because this morning my computer red this jailbroken ipod just fine...

how can you RESET a jailbroken ipod that CAN"T BE BOOTED?! i think thats my solution... it just needs power i think or a new power signal to be sent via usb to the computer...
  7. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm out of suggestions then. I'm still trying to figure out why it won't respond though. I'll post another suggestion as soon as something pops up.
  8. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    thank you.. i am trying to give you as much information as possible

is unplugging the ipod and plugging it back in in a couple of hours an option?

Plugging it into another computer? a mac? another PC?

Wall Charging it? even though the power is full?

i am seriously crippled here and searching for answers.. i hate the word bricked because of the noobswarm this site gets about that
  9. iScorp

iScorp Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't worry about it being bricked because that's only possible if you are trying to, but I guess you
    already knew that. As for plugging it back in a couple of hours later; I guess that might work. I screwed over my iPod once, itunes errored and my pc refused to recognize it. I attempted to fix it like 3-4 hours later. And guess what, I plugged it in, tried to put it in dfu and it worked inmediatly. Maybe this will work for you too, at least I hope so.
  10. midnight0045

midnight0045 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    this was an ipod touch 2g jailbroken? you waited 4 hours and plugged it in?? i haven't received any error messages from itunes... the last thing i saw my computer say to my Ipod before it competely stop recognizing was that Vista couldn't recognize the usb device... the issue here is the sh*thole tethered jailbreak... its completely f***ing my ipod