I am fustrated with Xilisoft AND Videora!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I purchased Xilisoft Video to iPod Converter. I have an anime series with 26 episodes in .rmvb. They all work flawlessly in their .rmvb format. When I convert them in Xilisoft, all episodes BUT numbers 11, 23, and 25 stop at 99%, and lasted that way all night ( I have tested this over the weekend with those three episodes by themselves overnight). I try ALL kinds of ways to convert, such as the original 480 x 320 and Widescreen, with no luck on those episodes. Here's the odd thing...

Episode 6 had the same issue, stopping at 99%. I tried it 3 times before it went to 100% ( I was lucky). I went to try it 5+ times on these other 3 episodes, and every time, stop at 99%.

So I turn to Videora, installed the iPod Touch one. I finally realize when I go to convert there, it does not support converting .rmvb! This is utter BS!

So I am lost, spent $30 on a sh*tty program I can't completely trust and Videora which is no use. What do I do?

I am currently converting ALL episodes ONCE AGAIN, wasting another 7.5GB to convert it. Let's see if those 3 (or 4 if episode number 6 acts up), will stop at 99%.

So I come here to ask. I have googled up this error and with no luck either. I have done my searching, mods. Now it is time to ask for help.

I would appreciate any help I could get to this situation. Thank you.
  2. type-x

type-x Member

Yeah man I m having the same problem its so annoying I dont know why this is happening though
  3. PCKid

PCKid New Member

Check out Visualhub. I find it excellent. Use it for everything from converting for my PSP, my Touch and even dvd to avis. So far flawless and it was cheap too. Xilisoft has never been any good on pc or mac
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Does it support conversion with .rmvb? I really don't feel like paying $25 more for another program that might not work...

I really need help on my own scenario. Unless you can find a free alternative to this odd scenario, I would appreciate it.
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Bumping this... any help?

UPDATE: I am currently converting my rmvb files to AVI using a freeware program, then going to try Xilisoft to convert my messed up episodes. If all else fails, I will try it on Videora. Hope this works! Will post back if it works.

UPDATE: The videos are out of sync when converted to avi. Same goes with that being converted fine with xilisoft. Any other ideas?
  6. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

I hate to say this but dont download videos in .mvb format

you should redownload those video and make sure that they are avi. Videora is a great program but it doesn't do .mvb
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Yeah, they are only available in rmvb. It sucks they won't convert properly.

I will seek avi, but in the meantime, trying another series in rmvb to see if the same problem persists. Thanks for the idea. I will be looking far and wide.
  8. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

yeah unfortunately i paid for 2 Xilisoft programs also , and neither of them work properly , The DVD to Ipod converter makes choppy videos , and most of the time the audio and video are not even synced up
    anyway , Videora has actually been working pretty good for me , other than the MASSIVE file sizes ,
    you might want to try out JODIX.COM they have a freeware program that i have had some success with
  9. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I always wonder why it is so complicated to convert such a simple video file. All you are basically doing is changing the file extension and codecs. It seems irrashional to have all these issues with some simple payed software that doesn't do the job. Do you know if jodix will convert rmvbs correctly?

UPDATE: I tried using jodix and the video/ audio is not in sync. Looks like I have no other option but to find a different file type of the unlicensed LEGAL video files (the TV Show is legal, since it is fansubbed).