I Admit It, I Am a NOOB!{Need Help}

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by bluehefner96, Jul 23, 2008.

1. bluehefner96

bluehefner96 New Member

Ok, I recently upgraded to the 2.0 firmware yesterday, and I have NEVER Jailbroken my Ipod in fear of a void of the warranty(which I found out could be "Un"-Voided through a restore), but now Im convinced that jailbreaking isnt so dangerous(correct me if Im wrong).

Please Register or Log in to view images

I do know that there is currently no way to install MOST of the apps because there is no Installer.app for the 2.0 version yet and most of the apps only work on 1.1.X firmwares....so thats not what im inquiring about.

However, I do need to know if there is a way I can get Themes and/or Icons on my Ipod(Which is already Upgraded to 2.0)........?

I haven't downloaded ANYTHING as of yet(Installer.App, Pwnage Tool, SSK Programs, etc)

So Where do I Start?

NOTE: I am using WINDOWS!(Noted Because I read there is no Pwnage Tool for Windows Yet)

So I have done SOME Research, Plz dont hit me with that "You Need to do Your Research" Reply(Look @ My Posts Amount

)........Nothing but reading

Help?

2. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    After you pwn your ipod you can replace the icons manually and kind of make your own theme.
  3. Switch

Switch New Member

Searchbar.

Nah j/k. You can theme on 2.0, it requires the use of an ssh client, I would suggest WinSCP, google it. SSH clients can be great but you really need to know what you're doing to get stuff to work, there a few guides on this form to replacing the files you need to to get themes to work, ill post it if someone else doesnt in a second. SSH goes into your ipod files via wifi, so if you dont have wifi you will need a whole nother program.

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81376

thats the guide on how to do it, and its on the second page in the 2.0 jailbreak section.. Icons are very easy to replaceonce you know what youre doing, but wallpapers as of now are a little harder.
  4. bluehefner96

bluehefner96 New Member

Ummmm, I think Im gonna need a bit more of a "Walkthrough" then that.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Yea, I have Wifi, I read that you Needed the Installer.App in order to get ANOTHER Program called OpenSSk? or something? and as far as I know, You cant install The Installer.app if you are on 2.0?

5. Switch

Switch New Member

No, the package you need is on Cydia as well called OpenSSH
  6. FlameThrower

FlameThrower Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Look at one of the guides first and see how comfortable you will feel with pwning and all that. SSH is a piece of cake and there are several guides for that also. If you get past all that you SSH into the Applications folder and replace the icon.png with the one you want to replace it with. Thats the shrt version but you have a ways to go until you get there.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Read the thread directly below this for xPwn (for windows), and then follow instructions on how to jailbreak.

Theming is not as easy as it used to be, but it is possible (minus SB wallpapers) through SSH.

Cydia is the only application available for installing other applications as of now, but installer will be ported and available probably quite soon. There are not many packages available as of now, but I'd say it's totally worth jailbreaking now, if only for SSH, NES, and changing icons/baterries/sliders.
  8. bluehefner96

bluehefner96 New Member

I'd Like to thank all of you above

So I dont need installer.app? what I need is Cydia? And then I can download OpenSSH? Correct? Now Where is Cydia?
  9. Switch

Switch New Member

You need to use pwnage first, even though you are on windows it is still possible, there are plenty of guides for this, so id rather not explain it. But when you pwn 2.0 cydia will be there, pwning 2.0 generally works the same way as pwning 1.1.4., which i found to be very straight forward. The only difference is as of right now you have to have someone with a mac make a custom fimrware for you.
  10. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

When you create a custom firmware with xPwn, Cydia should be included. When you restore to that firmware in iTunes, you will then have Cydia on your SpringBoard.