I Accidentally Deleted Music.app And Video.app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by will1018, Nov 21, 2007.

1. will1018

will1018 New Member

what am i sposed to do i was messin around and accidentily deleted them in finder on the ipod tuch can someone help me please!!
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

Uhm... restore?
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Since Music and Videos are just functions of MobileMediaPlayer, you shouldn't be in too much trouble. Maybe try installing "iPod2" from the Tweaks (1.1.1) category in Installer.
  4. will1018

will1018 New Member

hell no cuz then id have to go all the way back to 1.1.1 to get okto prep and i had to that twice last night cuz the first time i frogot to dl okotoprep

i mean its not that had i belive couldnt someone just ssh into theirs and copy the 2 files for me and i literally just spent 2 hours syncing all of my music/vids it litterally just freakin finished and i have to leave at 6 in the morn tom. so i dont have time to downgrade>hack>upgrade>hack>snyc>get all the sources

so basiclly i have about 15 - 30 min b4 im screwed
  5. SkylarEC

Or you could just do what I told you to do in the post right before yours. I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
  6. will1018

will1018 New Member

i think thats wat i accidentally deleted cuz when i installed ipod 2 it just came up with 2 ucons with question marks that just give the application loading sign
  7. will1018

will1018 New Member

wat i did earlier today was i was tryin to get music and video combined and it didnt work but in customize that was all it showed (the 1 ipod icon like on the iphone) so it was ruining my setup because it would just put them in random places) so i wen in finder (on the touch) and i found out u could delete so i deleted the ipod icon at first it was working the 2 apps were there but then i locked it and then unlocked it and they were gone
  8. SkylarEC

Okay, well that's different then.

Try this:
    1) On your iPod, turn off the Auto Check in your Mail settings. <--Absolutely Crucial
    2) On your computer, Shift+Click on "Check For Updates.
    3) Navigate to the 1.1.2 firmware, so that you upgrade form 1.1.2 to 1.1.2.
    4) Rerun the new JailBreaker.

5) If you moved your apps all to /private/var/Applications, copy the /Applications onto that folder, overwrite.
    6) Delete the Applications folder (or, even better, back it up now and delete it when your're done)
    6) Reset the SymLink:
    cd /
    ln -s /private/var/Applications Applications

Good luck,
    Skylar
  9. will1018

will1018 New Member

great its not letting me ssh into it so i guess im gunna downgrade and do all that crap ugh