Hyper Ham Ball - Intergalatic Hamsters Thru Time

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by Sic Jake, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sic Jake

Sic Jake New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

First off, love my Itouch.
    Second, adore Iphysics.

So much time wasted with both, so little work getting down. Very cool R4m0n! Keep adding to the program! Would love to see area triggers, more actions, and the ability to control what shapes the user can draw, as well as skin those objects.

I'm working on a mod, but some of the features I want aren't in Iphysics at the moment, so it's on hold for abit. I need the time to make the sprites/backgrounds anyway I suspose. Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback on what I've got so far. I'm not really happy with the way the ball moves, looking for ways to improve it. It sorta slides around and at times won't get rid of it's momentum, try accelerating and bouncing into a wall to see what I mean. As well would like to know, do people want sound/music in these mods? Music I wouldn't think so, it is an Ipod afterall, but what about sound effects? Any comments/suggestion welcome.

Download Hyper Ham Ball
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

This is brilliant dude! I was trying to figure out how to get a single ball to roll like that. I absolutely love it! For now, all I have is praise... I will come up with some suggestions later.. Great job!

3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Downloading now. If Rawd says it's good then it's good. If Rawd says it's brilliant, then it's going to be amazing.

This is amazing, please continue. Only a couple things just as you mentioned above. It's very slidey, sometime when you hold right it moves to the right but when you let go it slides left and vise versa. Also, the ball spins the wrong way

Right should go clockwise, left should go counter-clockwise. That's all, please continue with this.
  4. rebelxtnut

rebelxtnut New Member

holy amazings...lol...this is awesome, this realey could become a awesome mod to iphysics, it took me awhile to finish the second level, very great with the design!!!!!!!!!
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Lol Stephen

But ya, I think that this is the only way he could get the ball to spin like that. I'm still a bit confused as to how it works. I'll have to take a good look at the plist. Keep working on this man, I think this could be a great mod with some more levels......
  6. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

downloading now, 20th downloader ftw

Edit: where exactly do i put this, i havent did any iphysics manually yet (im using 1.1.3)
  7. cookiesnpie

cookiesnpie New Member

go to /private/var/root/Media/iPhysics/Games/Crayon_Physics/LevelData then add ur things in there. make sure u change permissions
  8. Sic Jake

Sic Jake New Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm just working on the motion of that ball. Basically it's two circles stuck together, one smaller then the other. The idea was to have the ball, then a picture of a hamster on top, and have the hamster only rotate so many degrees forward or back. Think of the hamster in it's toy wheel, the faster it runs the further up the wheel it goes, but never more than half way up. As you can see lol I've failed in that, because my hamster ball spins around so bloody fast you see designs.

Math was never my good subject back in high school, I'm still working on it. I just need to play around with the different joint settings. I still don't quite understand what torque is

but basically the ball spin the way it does because speed is applied to the joint not the balls. I get dizzy thinking about it.

I'm also working on making a few other platform type elements. Moving crushing pillars, falling spikes etc.

When transfering to your Ipod, I use Iphone Browser, neat little program Download Here. As to where to drop it, not sure on 1.1.3 I haven't bothered to upgrade yet, still waiting to see how Apple handles the new SDK.
  9. plokiju

plokiju New Member

These games are great, but is it possible to have these other games (other than crayon phisics) kept on the springboard as standalone apps? I like to keep different games seperate.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Very good job! This has to be once of the most novel ideas brought to life with iPhysics, and I am very excited to see what you will make in the future. As I said, it is great work, but I've noticed a couple of little things.

The way the ball spins is opposite to the way it should be (i.e. for going to the left, it should be spinning counter-clockwise and vice versa).

Sometimes the screen goes completely pink and stays that way (or goes for a second, then goes back).

When the hamster goes too far off the screen on either side, sometimes it doesn't reset.

Once in a while it crashes to the Springboard.

Other than those small things, it is an amazing level pack, definitely amazing for a first release!