HypE (first person shooter)

Discussion in 'Mobile Web Development' started by The Ax, Aug 1, 2008.

1. The Ax

The Ax Banned

'HypE'
    (first person shooter)

:Screen Shot:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Definition:

I am working on an application for the iPod Touch and iPhone but currently do not have a mac and I want to make it for the 'App Store' so I decided to start making it for the iPhone's Safari 3.0 App and then port it when the time comes.

Porting should not be a problem because the Xcode / SDK are very similar to the way I am developing this application and should not require me to change many expressions or functions.

Progress:

The application does not currently function on the iPod Touch and iPhone because it is operated by the keyboard and as we all know the iPhone's is hidden.

What I am going to do to emulate a 'keyboard' is add 8 images (up,down,right,left,left-up,left-down,right-up,right-down) to the display so I have more like a 'D-pad'. in the middle of those images I will place one more image to jump/climb/action.

Tapping the empty parts of the screen will be used for shooting, which I have not worked out yet because I have to do a calculation on bullet (bullet distance/image.size/wall distance). I also have to work out how much damage each weapon does.

Which brings me to my next point, I currently only have 2 guns and I need any artists to draw me some more(psd at bottom). I have an M16 I found on the internet and a Halo2 Battle Rifle. This is very stupid because the Battle Rifle is the property of Bungie and Microsoft, plus it does not well match the M16's dynamics. If any one can make me a set of similar images I can use for weapons please do:

• A type of rifle
    • A type of knife or sword
    • A type of explosive (grenade)
    • A type of pistol
    • A type of sniper
    • Anything else you can ponder up
    Switching guns has not yet been worked out because it requires a whole function I dont know how to do in HTML because the function is in JavaScript. So if anyone knows how to make a JavaScript function change the URL of a HTML image inside the same script please help me. I am thinking that to switch guns I put arrows or an inventory slider on the bottom right ( on the gun ).

Due Date : Late September

This is just an estimate and not a promise because I have school coming up and will have to focus more on that than on the application. Also I am working on this alone so anytime I need a reference or do not know how to do something I have to go look it up which sometimes takes a while. I need a partner who knows HTML , JavaScript or PHP.

Halo Version : dynamix-dev.com/F-P-S/1
    Original : dynamix-dev.com/F-P-S/
    These are the live and normally up to date versions. So hit the F5 once and a while!

Attached Files:

2. Fehr

Fehr New Member

That looks amazing!!! ^^
  3. The Ax

The Ax Banned

Thanks,
    Its my baby,
    So many hours, So much code...
  4. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

looks cool. although i don't use my touch so much for games as i do music and music apps. but maybe i'll play this.
  5. The Ax

The Ax Banned

Heres what the arrows will look like!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

If you keep the guns looking like that and if it has decent controls id buy it
  7. The Ax

The Ax Banned

Controls: Why dont I just make movement controlled by the accellerometer? duh!
  8. Fehr

Fehr New Member

You should have it as a setting to be controlled by the accelerometer. Otherwise, if it was constantly controlled by the accelerometer, you'd have to go a step further and add a calibration... since the surface we live on isn't ever flat.
  9. EMForce

EMForce New Member

@ The Ax i have an idea that would could be integrated into your app,ill share it with you in PM if you want just hit me up, im no coder or graphic designer but i have a fully worked out game/controls all sitting in my head and maybe you will be able to implement them into your game, but the basic of it is a "Time Criss" clone for the ipot/iphone. but yea if your interested let me know
  10. hawaii94

hawaii94 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    omg. that looks amazing.