Humble question about saves on the iP2G

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by JoeCool999, Jan 15, 2009.

1. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, y'all!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope you're doing fine and everything. Well I'll get down to business right from the start here. x) Now with the upcoming 2G jailbreak, do we KNOW if there's a possible way do backup all the program data, even though we restore? If so, how!? I know that there's APTBackup and stuff, but that's for the jailbroken pod, ain't it?

I really don't want to start over on all my games, even though it's easy do to again. Especially not if there IS a way to keep the data. Hope everyone understands my question, and please don't flame about searching and such. I only found answer for every other i-Device than the new Touch.

Cheers!

/Philip
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Most of the time when you jailbreak it is recommended to do a fresh restore before jailbreaking especially with quickpwn.

Be thankful you weren't around for the 1.1.x jailbreak. It was pretty unstable. Sometimes you would have to restore rejailbreak 2 or 3 times in one day. It was bad, if you have patience like me, you won't get those problems though.
  3. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So to fresh restore, you wipe it off and put all your stuff back on? Or do you just exit it once it's at the part where it asks you to name youd ipod? I know to restore you click restore in itunes, then you can reload your back up, correct? Or do you delete your backup? Please explain.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    wipe off the its clean. put in stuff back and jailbreak

everytime you backup your ipod, it overwrites the previous backup with a new up to date backup

5. JoeCool999

JoeCool999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry if I have misinterpreted something about this, but.... What is the answer? Am I recomended to do a fresh restore, even though I may not need to. For the safety of the iPod, shall i restore!? Or may I try without doin' anything and thus keep my data!? Or how does this work?
  6. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i would like to stress this; IT is recommended to do a fresh restore before moving on to the jailbreak