.....Huh? I don't get it........

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DataWizard, Sep 9, 2009.

1. DataWizard

DataWizard New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ......I don't understand. Is the new iPod they just announced the 3G, or are they coming out with a new one latter this year that does have the camera? The updates they just gave it don't even warrant the title iPod Touch 2.1, let alone 3.0. More like 2.0.0.0.0.1........

Please tell me they did this because of the camera problems in production and that they still have a new one up their sleeves for later this year?
  2. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

This is it. It wasn't a big upgrade, it wasn't an exciting upgrade, but it was nevertheless an upgrade. You'll have to wait 'till September '10 for the next model.
  3. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    the updates are increased capacity, voice control, couple new things in the 3.1 software. support for openGL (better gaming). faster processor.
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

"They did it because apple hates it's customers and the world and want you to suffer" thats the conclusion many users have come to
  5. DataWizard

DataWizard New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    But then how do you explain the Camera on the Nano? Why would they add this too such an underpowered device with a crappy interface for this kinda stuff (Video editing and management with a click wheel? Seriously?) yet not add it to the iPod Touch, wich it would suit perfectly?
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    do you guys actually think before you type?

Do you not understand how this works?

Apple did a great job with new iPod touches and all you gusy wan tis more more more. Apple want to keep iPhoen and iPod touch away from each other, if they add camera iPhone sales drop. simple as.

Also, Apple creates other products other thne iPod touches/iPhones, its nice for them to update other products, right?
  7. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

For marketing purposes, is the current leading theory. I'd advise reading some other threads about it.
  8. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    a camera would help their nano line. a camera on the touch would make it too much like an iphone without the phone. apple is simply balancing the perks of each model.
  9. Duykur

Duykur Banned

It's my theory, and it is obviously true
  10. Lord Faucon

Lord Faucon New Member

I wouldn't claim ownership for that

Please Register or Log in to view images

it's pretty much common sense.