Huge Scratch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jwalsh, Sep 26, 2007.

1. jwalsh

jwalsh New Member

I opened my touch yesterday, works beautifully but has a huge scratch right down the front of the screen.

BestBuy wont swap it because they dont have any more coming for a few weeks.

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. e-m00

e-m00 New Member

Is it a scratch or a crack?
  3. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    its a very scratch resistant screen. And it is glass so it could be a crack. It could be either but its most likly a crack.
  4. ffonsok

ffonsok New Member

don't want to sound like an asshole, but this story sounds fishy. Best Buy will always give you your money back.

More like, you dropped the Ipod Touch, cracked the screen and tried to return it without a receipt right after you smoked a big bag of meth.
  5. samtouch

samtouch New Member

scratch resistant, not sure about that. I've had my touch for almost a week and I have a small scratch on the screen...it's not a crack; and I’ve been very careful to make sure its not getting beat up. I can’t imagine walking into the apple store and trying to return my touch based on the claim of a scratch resistance material.
  6. iceman5008

iceman5008 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    there's vids all over youtube of ppl trying to scratch this thing and I even tried to get a scratch out of mine but it is very scratch resistant, what did you put a chainsaw to it?
  7. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Ok so my fifth gen video i can press my finger on the screen and it would go all the way to the LCD (it makes colourfull waves then disappears and goes back to normal) That was pressing lightly. On my touch i tried to do the same thing. I pressed even harder (within the limits so i wouldnt risk cracking the screen) it didnt even make a single wave of colour. It didnt even move.

Dude, its glass its very difficult to "accidentally" scratch it. But it is easy to scratch the back so be carefull.
  8. Phoxx

Phoxx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Don't be ignorant. There is something called Karma.
  9. jwalsh

jwalsh New Member

I've seen the scratch video. I'm fairly certain it's not a crack, it doesn't look deep. It's perfectly vertical and straight, so it looks like it got scratched during the manufacturing of the screen.

If I had dropped it there would be other scratches on the edges, not just on the screen. It's flawless otherwise.

BestBuy didn't say they wouldn't replace it, they said they couldn't replace it now since it's a hot item and they are out of stock. I have to keep calling until they get one in, and then swap it. They probably would have given me money back had I asked.
  10. ffonsok

ffonsok New Member

I didn't break the screen. I'm just mocking him on the internet. There's a big difference.

EDIT- WHOOO 3rd POST AND IM ALREADY TROLLING!!!!!