Huge problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YoGrant, Oct 7, 2009.

1. YoGrant

YoGrant New Member

Hi guys. So i have an iPhone 3GS, and it was jailbroken on 3.0 about a week ago. I was having problems, so I saved the EUCID thing on cydia. then i upgraded to 3.1. So the jailbreak came out, and I want to jailbreak it. It said i had to be on 3.0. So when i tried to downgrade, it didn't work. So i can't figure out how to get to 3.0 again. I tried the downgrade method in which you added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com to you host file. It still didn't work. =( any help?
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you sure that you got your ECID propperly saved?

And if the error is NOT 20 then just restore once more, and then once again. In 3.1 apple changed the nand stuckture a little to make 3.0 incompatable. But after restoring the second time the firmware would reformat to 3.0 format

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

When you attempt to downgrade you have to be in DFU mode (not just restore mode). Also, be sure you are using 3.0 firmware and not 3.0.1 (unless you are certain that you sent your ECID files from 3.0.1 - Very few people did this according to Saurik).
  4. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you sure you saved your ECID before the 3.1 release? If you didn't do before that you have the ECID for 3.1.