HUGE Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by ivtec, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ivtec

ivtec New Member

I think this might be a lost cause, but maybe someone can help me.

I recently tried to update to 2.2 from 2.1 after doing so it really messed up my ipod touch.

After trying to turn it back on it shows the apple logo then some picture of a guy pops up and says something in Russian. I can't put my ipod in DFU mode, because as soon as i turn on my ipod an connect it to my computer the image of that guy disconnects my ipod, any solutions or ideas on how to solve this problem?

(my ipod was jailbroken and working fine before this mess showed up)
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

That's Recovery Mode with a Pwnage-changed Recovery Logo courtesy of Quickpwn or PwnageTool. And you have to put the iPod into DFU mode -after- it's connected to the computer: you can't put it into DFU while it's not plugged in. Just hold down the home button for five seconds or so, then hold down Power as well until it shuts down and count to 12. Release Power at that point but keep the Home button held down into the iPod is detected as being in DFU mode.

At that point, you should be able to restore. Or you can just try a normal Restore since it's in Recovery Mode to see what happens. It should go back to stock 2.2 firmware, after which you can use QuickPwn again.
  3. deathcorefan2

deathcorefan2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you have a larger problem.

by the look of your username, you drive a honda.
  4. ivtec

ivtec New Member

i'll try this thanks a lot.