HP Slate Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by William, Apr 5, 2010.

1. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    The base version of the HP Slate will retail for $549, which includes 32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM, a 1.6 GHz Atom processor, and an 8.9-inch multitouch screen at 1024 x 600 pixel resolution. A 64 GB configuration will be available for $599.

Both versions will also include an SDHC card slot, USB port, two cameras (one external 3-megapixel and one front-facing VGA for videoconferencing usage), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, support for 1080p video playback, a dock connector for power, audio, and HDMI out to your TV, and a SIM card slot for optional 3G connectivity. They’ll both also be running Windows 7 Home Premium with a custom HP touch-optimized user interface. Battery life is reportedly five hours, which could be a point of concern as the Slate goes up against the iPad’s 10 hours.

June Launch is Rumored

SOURCE

Not bad, but with a 5 hour battery life? useless
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Useless? I wouldn't say that. That's what I roughly get out of my new Macbook Pro. Also, don't forget that it's running a full desktop OS, Windows 7. It's not designed specifically for a tablet, but I'd take that any day over a completely closed environment that also lacks basic standard features. Then again, it all depends on what you want to do with it.
  4. William

William New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    If I got HP Slate, I wouldn't use it as intensively as my Laptop, and for the purposes I would be using it (watching movies, reading ebooks) 5 hours seems a bit bad. But your right, depends on what one would do with it
  5. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hp Slate is ano no for me due to battery life, my bus journeys are 3 hours to college a day, that leaves me 2 hours to work and whatever before battery dies..

Meh, I'll wanna see some hands on vids and reviews first

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Don't forget, companies always exaggerate the battery life. 5 hours does not mean 5 hours

7. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes true, could be 3 hours!, then it won't last my bus journey!

But who knows, iPad battery has lived up to what it was said to be.., who knows.. lol
  8. Duykur

Duykur Banned

Slate is made by HP, iPad wins.
  9. Best Name Ever

Best Name Ever New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i agree.
    especially since its running windows 7. i feel like its gonna be laggy and sh*t.
    battery life sucks. even if it has cameras, i still feel like the ipad is superior.
  10. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Huh? Since when has Windows 7 been laggy? It's not laggy due to the actual os, it's due to a slow computer.