HP Laptop Won't Boot?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Videofolife13, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi guys. I need some help. A while back, my HP Pavilion Laptop decided it didn't want to boot. It stopped after the HP loading screen where you can press f10 for bios and whatnot. I fixed it buy simply popping out the RAM, and putting it back in and viola! I was good to go.

Now, about 4 months later, I have the same problem. I cannot get passed this boot screen. I have tried popping the RAM out again, but no such luck. I have also tried to run a Windows boot up dick, but that did nothing for me either.

Here is the kicker to my problem. I recently updated to 2.0 and have yet to put all my music back on my iPod. ALL of my music is stuck on that hard drive.

So, I need help two ways. How can I get this thing to work again? (ANY AND ALL HELP is useful) And, can I put that hard drive into an external case and get that music off?

Thanks everyone,
    -Video
  2. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok first try a linux live cd
    that will enable you to get on to your hard ddrive partition it move everything ova and format the other partition and reinstall windows
    good luck pm me if your still having trouble and ill try to help
  3. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Cool. Thanks. I have a left over Linux Partitioning CD from my last venture. Are you sure I will be able to run the Partitioning software, because I can't even get a Windows reinstall disk to run.

-Video

So, it won't boot a partitioning CD. I have gotten it to boot though. If I leave the power cord out, and wait about 24 hours, it will turn on, and I can get some music on my iPod before it freezes up and I have to restart. Any ideas now?
  4. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Go into the bios..

Make sure it is booting your hard drive and your cd-rom.

If they are unmounted, it will not boot.
  5. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They are mounted. I made sure. It on;y boots 1% of the time, and it only boots if I let it sleep for an extended period of time. By sleep, I mean let it sit and not touch it.

Could this be a heating problem where everything is too hot? It's been 90+ degrees here for the last couple days and my apartment has no Air Conditioning.

-Video
  6. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    hmm. did you try to update the bios with hp update? that could have been a bad flash. If you have another computer you can buy a $20 external 2.5 inch sata or ide (i dont know how old your laptop is). then just copy everything off it. Check hps website though. if it is a hardware issue, you could be eligible for a free repair.
  7. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I checked HP and it's WAY outside the realms of a free repair.

I want to get a new external drive, but if I buy it and the computer still doesn't work, then I have it for nothing.

No, I didn't flash anything. I am going to try to do a standard repair of windows right now cause I have everything off.

Here is what has happened: It turns on, then freezes (this is everything. The clock stops, all programs stop, and I have let it sit for an hour, but nothing happens.) I shut it down manually, and try to start it back up. This doesn't work because I get stuck at the HP logo. I can get into BIOS ONCE A DAY because it seems to work if I leave it alone for an extended period of time. ALL HELP is appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    -Video
  8. citrusleak

citrusleak New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    lol he said boot up dick
  9. organerito

organerito New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Could it be that you have a virus? have you tried start the computer in safe mode?
  10. Videofolife13

Videofolife13 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I doubt it's a virus, but no. I did try to reinstall windows and it froze during the install.

-Video