[HOWTO] Restore access to USB if you mess up libusb

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by adamscybot, Feb 1, 2009.

1. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

This guide is primarily for those vista users who accidently installed libusb without compatibility or vista x64 users who installed it at all (libusb does not work on x64 at all, even with driver signing disabled).

This method does not require any system restore points to even exist.

Method:

1. Start your pc and goto next step when you see the Windows loading progress bar

2. Now press the reset button on your machine while windows is still loading (if you dont have one hold down power until your PC goes off and turn back on again).

3. Because windows detects it didnt load, you should now have a windows startup menu. Select "Last known good configuration."

4. Your widows should load up with USB functioning. Uninstall libusb immedietly.

Done.

Hope this helps. We need a 64-bit jailbreak!

Adam
  2. yandao

yandao New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Or you could repeatedly tap the F8 key on windows while booting up to reach the same menu and instead of last known good configuration, you could use safemode. then uninstall libusb and reboot. But safemode recommended if you either 1:have a laptop or 2: you know how to use the keyboard. But this guide is pretty helpful anyways. i got stuck at the libusb part too. my heart went .... when my mouse wouldnt work and i got stuck at dfumode. but now, its all good.
  3. leetskeetkris

leetskeetkris New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    or you can uninstall lilusb...and restart your computer with no usb's connected. worked for me about 5 or 6 times already

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. adamscybot

adamscybot New Member

Safe mode didnt work for me - it continued to load the libusb driver even there. My keuboard didnt work at all either (its USB).
  5. Josso

Josso Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Installed it w/o comb. and internet, sound and USB drivers was gone.
    Used an hour to try to install the drivers, and then I uninstalled LibUSB.
    Sound and USB was back, but internet was still gone.

But I got to jailbreak it. Installed again, this time with the iPod connected. USB is now working.

The jailbreak went perfect and I started my Mac up (I helped my brother who is on Vista) and downloaded the internet-drivers for my Wireless card (Zonet) and everything is now working.

Just my little story.

6. jallen14

jallen14 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I just used my keyboard to manuver around until I was finished. Unfortunately, I ended up having to use my laptop instead which uses XP. Never could get libusb to recoginze my pod. Then I just restored my PC to the day before.
  7. trankton

trankton New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    libusb messed up all my usb ports. I tried to fix it without reinstalling fully. After a full reinstall, my usb ports turn on and off continuously, same as before. I can't believe this. Why would this still be happening after a full reinstall?
  8. eff3ctz

eff3ctz New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I turn it off and on when the Vista bar is loading, yet when it turns back on it has a screen which asks me to either Start Windows Normally, or Launch Startup Repair... HELP!
  9. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Lol.
    Thanks.
    I almost had a panic attack I tried everything and control panel wasn't opening.
    xDD.
    Thank you for the guide.
  10. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Safe mode DOES NOT help anything. I tried this many times. I have a Bluetooth keyboard and it messed that up during Libusb. My mouse is keyboard and in safe mode it wouldn't respond. A restore point is needed if you have a USB keyboard and mouse. Trust me, SAFE MODE DOESNT STOP THE LOADING OF LIBUSB.